cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

GOP to stick it to elite

By giving them the biggest tax cut in history.

Although in fairness, Trumpsters don't regard .1%ers and their heirs as The Elite, they are the meritocratic cream.

The Elite are climate scientists, policy wonks, career politicians (except for most of the GOP contingent), MSM.

The Joe the Plumber moment was more prescient than one could have imagined at the time.

And wihle we're on the subject I do blame John McCain for al of this. Whose ever idea it was, Sarah Palin paved the way for Trump.

10 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: GOP to stick it to elite

BTW, finding economists who actually still believe in supply side tricke down is a tall order. But not insurmountable.

And of course this doesn't havew anything to do with anything trickling down anyway.

It is about solidifying a permanent ruling class.

bruce MN
Advisor

Saw Newt interviewed. If the fat clown can stand up I'm sure you would see a new spring in his shuffle. He's been sitting on great ideas for 25 years and now has a forum and a patron.

No idea how it all turns out but it is going to be quite a show.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

My abacus says that about 22% is all the blood you`re gonna squeeze out of a turnip, before all the turnips move or quit producing.

hardnox
Advisor

I'd say anyone who wishes can renounce their citizenship and emigrate, just so they settle up first. I understand that Monaco and the Caymans are nice.

The fun and interesting thing will be to see how long people, and the markets, believe the dynamic scoring baloney.

Some people always will, as evidenced by going double Dubya.

The world is awash in capital and short on demand. This is absolutely the worst way to run deficits.

sharksoup
Senior Contributor

BA,  could you share the source of the graph?  I'd like to read more.  Thanks. 

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

No blood in the turnip, then we take the turnip

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yeah, you kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, that is a one time proposition.   I hope everyone reads your and what people like you have planned for the "turnips".

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

hardnox
Advisor

laugher curve

as I said, almost impossible to find an economist who still believes in trickel down supply side, but there are a few of those guys in the nursing homes who haven't been to Kansas lately.