cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: GUNS THAT ARE ON THE BANNED LIST

Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.”

Sounds like a slug or Turkey 870 you see in a lot of poice cars aroungd here.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

OK, you win. Have it your way. I don't have, or won't ever own something like that, so personally, my friend, I don't give a dman!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I haven't seen an intelligent comment about guns from you at all. Maybe you ought to join Illinois gun control Legislation they are trying to pass. All of my guns that I own would be illegal. I would have 2 months to turn them in to the State Police or face felony charges and large fines per gun. There would be a few "hunting" guns allowed but basically if it holds more than 1 round it is gone.

Now go take your meds and be proud of your Chicago democrat friend for trying to "save" Illinois. Hoplophobe

BTW you moron this information did not come from a blog, this comes from the state website that tells of new legislation.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Voting for gun bans has proven to be a way to not get voted back into office in the past.  It's a pretty sure way of ending your career as a legislator.

Advisor

Re: Guns Banned - Russian Dragunov SVD

The Dragunov has always been banned, from my research fewer than 100 were imported into the U.S. around 1990.  I have been on a waiting list at Apache Arms for years to purchase one if it came up for sale.  

The original Dragunov was developed in 1963, was hand made and a beautiful weapon and had lightening marks on the receiver, later the Russians manufactured them without the lightening bolts.

I think in the 90's, 10,000 were shipped into Venezuela.   These firearms are among the rarest firearms to find in the United States, and sell for over $10,000 if you can find one.  If you are an avid  collector, you can see what this weapon looks like  at this web site.  

Believe me these rare guns are not being used to kill anyone, and most are not even being fired by their owners.  These firearms are "collectibles" locked away in private collections and seldom sold to anyone.

China and Rumania also make the Dragunov but not the quality of the Original Russian Dragunov, the Chinese Dragunov's can be had for about $5,000, and those from Rumania for $2000.  

Adios Amigos. John

http://www.apachearms.us/2.html 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Voting for gun bans has proven to be a way to not get voted back into office in the past. 

Not anymore. The NRA has proven, it's only interest is the arming and maiming of the American people. The over-whelming majority of Americans are sick and fed up the NRA and guns, they will not have the political clout they once had.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Taylor ECIL wrote:

I haven't seen an intelligent comment about guns from you at all. Maybe you ought to join Illinois gun control Legislation they are trying to pass. All of my guns that I own would be illegal. I would have 2 months to turn them in to the State Police or face felony charges and large fines per gun. There would be a few "hunting" guns allowed but basically if it holds more than 1 round it is gone.

Now go take your meds and be proud of your Chicago democrat friend for trying to "save" Illinois. Hoplophobe

BTW you moron this information did not come from a blog, this comes from the state website that tells of new legislation.

What? Your calling me a moron, when it is you who hasn't bought a gun that's legal? HA HA HA! That is very funny. If all you have are guns that are illegal, then bend over, take it like a man! I just hope they don't supply the Vaseline. I'm confident you can take it, as bullheaded and knot-headed as you are! HA HA HA! Don't call me a moron, when you've just proved that your are!!

Sorry, to break it to you there, Buckwheat! I don't drink, smoke, have never taken drugs. And I'm still better than YOU!! HA HA HA!!

Obviously, the State of IL. is on the right track. Now, sit down and kiss all your, babies GOOD-BYE!

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Here's a little story, This fall I had just gotten in from combining and climbed into bed when I heard what sounded like someone hitting a deer out side our house on the road. Didn't think twice about it since it happens quite often. About five minutes later there was a banging on my door. I stated to get up and then the banging became kicking and it just got worse. I have a CCP and grabbed the gun and told my wife to call the sheriff and get the kids and hide. I went to the door that this person was about to kick off the hinges and cracked it open. He immediately tried to gain access into the house screaming that someone was trying to kill him. I had the gun in my back at this time. He was all bloody and started to fight me to get into my house. I was pushing back telling him he was not coming in. I knew that he was going to win with the way he was acting. I removed the gun from it's holster and just showed it, never pointed at him, never threatened to shoot him. He automatically went into neutral. The fight left him right there and then. I proceeded to tell him the sheriff was on his way and to sit on the porch and not to move. If I hadn't had the gun he WOULD of came in to my house, he WOULD of threatened my families safety. His story of getting into a fight with some bad people he was involved with which they chased him out on our road and rammed him with their truck disabling his car and running to our door. He told me that it's good I have a gun cause the drug dealers did too, And they were coming after him. NICE, and now you sit on my door step. So, I didn't shoot anybody, didn't threaten anybody, just showed the weapon, and decelerated the situation. Would have I shot him if he tried to get my family? YES. Law enforcement can't be everywhere at once. This guy could of beat me to get away from these other dudes, and had my two young kids and wife cornered in my house. All I can say is you want my guns. Come get them. My family is safe cause of them. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Farmandfire, a couple of questions out of curiosity, not to put you on the spot. How do you usually vote, repub or dem. If you vote repub your story doesn't mean much as you will be considered another gun nut. If you vote mostly for the left your story could go a long way as to where main stream America stands on gun laws and what this could mean for the next election.

Just to be fair to you, I vote conservative and would never vote for a repub that wants my guns. I could never support Scott Brown or Rudy Giuliani.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

LIST

What does your story have to do with a proposed ban on assault weapons?

BTW -  I'm glad you had what you needed to defend your family. I'd do the same.