cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: Actually....

How often do you reckon that scenario plays out?  You guys make it sound like it happens about every hour in every town in the country!!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

You really don't get it? HA!

If some maniac comes through my door I'll do my best to defend my home (a stone spear through the ribs?) However you don't seem to be able to rise above caveman understanding of what I was making a very honest attempt to tell you. Of course a pen against a gun will result in the guy with the pen being shot...DUH. The battle was however less physical than it was metaphorical (look that word up).

I suppose that I have to explain this to you? Really?

Say there was no NRA. expressing their (your) second amendment rights -.no one advocating for second amendment rights whatsoever through freedom of speech? What would happen to your rights with no defence of them? You see, there has to be freedom of speech (my metaphor was the pen) to advocate for our (your) rights in the first place such as gun ownership (the sword). I am really baffled that you don't get this and apparently did not understand what I wrote????

Actually, you understood all of it. People who have no right to say what they think have no other rights at all. That's what I meant and it is obvious. People have the right to say what they think - as do you, even when you are wrong.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Gabby Gifford and Mark Kelly testified this morning

It is beyond me why so called rational human beings cannot see what the problem is. All the infantile justifications for guns continue to add up to more slaughtering.  Another 3 or so were shot yesterday but still the NRA charge forward under the stupid constitution. Imagination if there was no restrictions on what type of guns you could buy, e.g. canons and all those nasty sparky things the military use.  Wouldn't the gun freaks have Guy Faulkes night every night.

Then you have the really smart guys who want more mental health checks.  If that was conducted thoroughly, Obama would have to cover half the US in asylums basically filled with those not fit to hold a knife and fork, let alone guns.

I was watching the Sherriff of the NRA speaking and man, he looks like presidential material if I ever saw one.  He would have all the weekend warriors on his side for a start.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: You really don't get it? HA!

@KNAPPer wrote:

If some maniac comes through my door I'll do my best to defend my home (a stone spear through the ribs?) However you don't seem to be able to rise above caveman understanding of what I was making a very honest attempt to tell you. Of course a pen against a gun will result in the guy with the pen being shot...DUH. The battle was however less physical than it was metaphorical (look that word up).

I suppose that I have to explain this to you? Really?

Say there was no NRA. expressing their (your) second amendment rights -.no one advocating for second amendment rights whatsoever through freedom of speech? What would happen to your rights with no defence of them? You see, there has to be freedom of speech (my metaphor was the pen) to advocate for our (your) rights in the first place such as gun ownership (the sword). I am really baffled that you don't get this and apparently did not understand what I wrote????

Actually, you understood all of it. People who have no right to say what they think have no other rights at all. That's what I meant and it is obvious. People have the right to say what they think - as do you, even when you are wrong.

What is the Feinstein bill about, speech control or gun control? The way free speech is defended is with a gun. If the population is disarmed they will soon be shut up.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: One other woman testified also

'Why the personal attack on her? '

Ironic given the original premise of the thread.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Why are you upset

If 'legal' abortions, make them 'safe, but rare', but making abortions illegal would make them 'dangerous'  wouldn't 'legal' gun ownership, make them 'safe', and outlawing them, more 'dangerous'?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Ironic, that as of right now, this thread is right above my thread wondering if Liberals or Conservatives are less tolerant of opposing viewpoints.

I suggest anyone who wonders about that, read this entire thread, tally the personal insults, and check your results.  I got 5-3 by my tally. (for insulting posts).

Samnospam
Advisor

You're a bugger head.
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Sam, do I put that in the Liberal side, or Conservative side, LOL?

Actually, that insult doesn't rise to the level, for me to even have counted.  You would have to say I was at the very least 'incapable of thinking' or 'brain dead' or worse, to make the list, or phrase your response in such a way to belittle.  A 'bugger head' is actually a compliment compared to some of the things I have been called.

Samnospam
Advisor

Liberal of course