cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Gabby Gifford and Mark Kelly testified this morning

Switch Gifford's message to the opposite and the Republicans/Libertarians would be saying how amazing it is that she has the will and strength to stand up and speak and how amazing of a miracle it is that God gave purpose to her life. You know it's true. These guys hate the first amendment unless it goes their way. They prove it over and over, but they have that right, don't they?

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Then put the freakin' rocks down!!  So you think that if being shot by a deranged shooter, you wouldn't want to testify before a body that might possibly do something to stop someone else from shot????  If you say you wouldn't, I'll call you a liar!

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Who was Gabby's speech writer?        I look at it this you and  MM are taking it cause she read off a paper. must have been written by some one else.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Switch Gifford's message to the opposite and the Republicans/Libertarians would be saying how amazing it is that she has the will and strength to stand up and speak and how amazing of a miracle it is that God gave purpose to her life. You know it's true. These guys hate the first amendment unless it goes their way. They prove it over and over, but they have that right, don't they?

It's not the right pushing for the fairness doctrine.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: Why are you upset

Again, your emotions rule you. Take away the taxpayers dollars which are used to pay for abortions there will be less abortions. Make it mandatory for every woman who wants to have an abortion see her child in her womb. Make adoptions a better alternative than abortions. 

Please check your emotions at the door. Think instead you will feel better.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

My best guess, and all it is would be a guess, is that she wanted to speak, and a speechwriter helped her put it down in words.

Whether she was offered anything for speaking, I do not know, but I have a feeling it may have opened the door for some lucrative speech appearances in the future, even if she didn't get paid for this one.  Stuff like that is done all the time, in Politics.  

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

We as adults represent the best interests of children. That is if we are rational adults.

The brain injured has personal experience to form her opinion. Just because she has had a horrid brain injury does not mean she has lost all her facualties. I assure you that her testimony made a strong impact on those that heard her.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I do not understand how you or anyone but especially you, who ordinarily is pretty coherent, could possibly see a financial gain as motivation for a woman, who almost died as the result of a madman shooting her, could possibly be motivated to speak out for some sort of action to prevent unstable people from getting guns!!!

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

When someone preaches to the choir it is always "intelligent" to the choir but when it goes against the choir it is all poppycock.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I didn't mean it that way.

What I meant was, that this speaking event, will likely open the door, for her to be invited as a paid speaker, to other events.

I did not mean it to sound like she was groveling for money, so much as asserting how the political system works.

She does a pretty eloquant job speaking from personal experience, and others will want to hire her.

I did not mean she was doing it 'for the money', but rather that those with money, and a policial agenda, will try to hire her.  It was more about the state of politics, than her personal motovation.

I do not know Giffords at all, other than from the news events, and I am not prepared to accuse her, of doing this as a publicity stunt, for money.   I'm sorry if I made it sound that way.  That is one of the weaknesses of a message board.   There is no way to really tell the tone of what someone is saying, you just have to give it your best guess.