Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Gabby Giffords husband buys AR15

Guess he wants to get one while he can.

snip-

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona.

Breitbart News received a tip on this when Neil McCabe, editor of Guns & Patriots newsletter, contacted us on March 7 and said:

Mark E. Kelly, made purchases which included an AR-15--sometimes described as an "assault rifle"--at 3:30 pm on the afternoon of March 5 at Diamondback Police Supply, 170 S. Kolb Street, Tucson, AZ.

According to McCabe, witnesses to the purchases claimed Kelly purchased "high capacity" magazines as well.

On March 6, McCabe contacted Kelly's gun control group--"Americans for Responsible Solutions"--and on March 8 they replied that his message had been passed on to colleagues who handle press requests. Breitbart News then began investigating the details surrounding the purchase, including visiting the gun store.

Suddenly, Kelly announced on his Facebook page that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store. 

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-...

17 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Gabby Giffords husband buys AR15

A wise man changes his mind, a fool never. Smiley Happy good for Mark Kelly!
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

It sounds like he will give it to the police so that they may have afighting chance against the kooks.

Faust100F
Advisor

3020 -  goes to show you how smart the people are that we had in the space program, is their any wonder why we got rid of NASA and shut it down.  I thought is wife was the veggie, but I think I picked the wrong Gifford.   Adios Amigo. John

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Caught red-faced and red-handed. Libs are so skilled at talking out of both sides of their mouths. Some altered-net readers on here can talk right out of their backsides, too!
jput
Senior Contributor

Yeah,  he got caught.   Very doubtfull he will turn the AR 15 into the local cop shop.    The lame stream media aren't going to do a follow up.  

I'm actually surprise he was able to find one to buy.    The ones still for sale are fetching a king's ramsom price.

Certainly a handy weapon to have when things turn to Mad Max.

jput
Senior Contributor

He also purchased a 45cal.  Most studies show that a 45 is has more knock down power than the semi-auto rifle.  

Gabby most likely would not have survived had she been hit by a 45. So, not only is he buying a type of gun not used in the shooting, he is also buying a gun that would most likely have guaranteed him to be a widower.   Wouldn't be the first and only liberal hypocrite,   "guns for me,  but not for thee". 

Since his poor wife now has the mind of maybe a 4th grader,  he might want to keep his guns locked up.   In her current condition,  the poor woman wouldn't pass a background check to own a weapon of her own.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Had his wife been shot with a Bushmaster, she wouldn't be here. Do you even know what was used?

I also suggest you look up the ballistics on the .45 and .223, because you obviously don't know.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:
A wise man changes his mind, a fool never. Smiley Happy good for Mark Kelly!

Not the most apt quotation coming from you.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Gough, I was guilty of not completely reading 3020`s post.  I still can`t see the logic of buying a gun and turning it back in, especially if there isn`t a huge profit involved Smiley Wink   To purposely "turn a gun in", me thinks there`s a **bleep** involved in someway, either Mark Kelly has a Vag-jay-jay or someone with a **bleep** is telling him to turn it in.  If Kelly wants a toy for the man cave, he needs to hide that from the other other half that has a **bleep**.

Anyway, it was my bad on not reading 3020`s post completely, I was reading it on my Droid and go sloppy.  You kangaroo jockeys know about hockey?  The Wild handed the Canucks their butts 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aHotECe1fg   ♫we took our knocks in the penalty box♪  our mother was a referee♫...♪our games in our blood♫ and our blood`s in our gameeee♫...

♪