cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Gary North "Ann Barnhart has lost her mind, avoid her like the plague."

North isn't exactly my fovorite commentator thses days but here's his take.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/10310.cfm

5 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Gary North "Ann Barnhart has lost her mind, avoid her like the plague."

"This woman needs professional psychological counseling."

Been away a bit and thinking on a few things.

- almost no one's conceptual beliefs spring forth spontaneously, they originate somewhere. Was thinking on that in regards to the looneyness that was displayed in concentrated form at the recent CPAC conference and the fact that a great many of those ideas are now mainstream among the volk.

An example, not a vey good one maybe, would be the one about the guy at CPAC who attended the breakout session on how to combat the unfair casting of conservatives as racist and he apparently went on with the old one about how of course the coloreds were well taken care of under slavery- of course you're going to take good care of valuable livestock- and how it was actually better than today with welfare and all that rot.

Somebody commented on that to the effect that there sure isn't anything new about that one. Back in their days in a segregated Alabama school there was a mandated course in Alabama history- usually taught by the football coach- where each student was fed propaganda to reinforce the status quo in their totally jacked up system.

Anyway, not a new idea at all- it has been around forever but just suppressed for a while and like a lot of what I'm talking aobut, originates from deliberate efforts by polemicists and prpagandists to infect the minds of the masses.

Samnospam
Advisor

Oh hell, posted here that she is bat **bleep** crazy a long time ago.  She is also right about a bunch of things.

Samnospam
Advisor

Feeding students propaganda to prop up the status quo is what public schooling is all about. The reason it torques your shorts so much when someone criticizes Lincoln is because of your indoctrination. Unlearning the falsehoods you accept as true is more difficult than learning in the first place.
hardnox604008
Advisor

I'm thinking that at the age of 13 or so I was at least to some degree aware of differing historical views of Lincoln.

It is more a matter that I simply don't find anything particularly admirable in the political and economic culture of the antebellum south.

Also would make some different interpretations of the whole meme about what a magnificent fighting force the outnumbered confederates were- something I'm sure the Alabama football coach also hammered home to his drones.

Industrial warfare was all new then but history has since proven that if you're going to invade the enemy and attempt to control his territory a numerical advantage of 3 to 1 is desirable and 2 to 1 is getting real sketchy.

The Union never had that degree of numerical superiority.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Ann Barnhart has no control over your life what so ever. She says what she thinks and tells you why. I like that in a person, even when I disagree with them. Her criticism of the Catholic Church makes me very uncomfortable, but I think she is right way more than wrong. Sure she can be a little kooky, who isn't.