cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Gasoline prices

Can you document that? I doubt very much that the average gas price was $1.84 per gallon but I stand to be corrected.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

$3.21 today in Tulsa.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

The reason that the elephant is the GOP symbol is that they are said to never forget and I'm not surprised that they're looking for payback for the criticisms of Bush when oil went to $150/bbl.

Actually, the elephant and donkey becoming the inspiration as the logos for the respective political parties, was brought about by a political cartoon.  It seems the Democrat running for office was using harsh words against a republican who was not running aganst him in an election.  The cartoonist said that his insults were like a 'Jackass kicking a dead elephant'.

From there, other cartoonists started using the donkey and elephant, and it grew from there.

At least that's what they told me in History class.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You are so full of SH!T!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Is Modesto located in Cook County, IL now???  Hell, three years ago it $4.58 in CA.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

While checking for those figures I came across this little gem--Dec. 19, 2008—After weeks of negotiation, Bush approves the emergency bailout of the U.S. auto industries big three, giving them $17.4 billion in rescue loans.   And all this time the RW has been trying to blame that bailout on Obama.

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/2008-us-gas-price-year-in-review.html

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

$4 for 3.78 litres is $1.058 per litre $US.

Filled up today for $1.239 $CAN.

$ are  just about par right now.

Also bought 10 litre of premium gas for chain saw $1.339

You have cheap gas and part of it came from oil from Canada.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So Craig, what was your excuse back about 4-5 years ago, when gas was higher than it is now, and Bush was President?  KenJ

Highlighted
Contributor

The equivalent here is $5.67 per gallon and that does not include a 10% exchange rate difference.  What's all the noise about?