cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Geography test

An earlier post indicated there is some confusion over just where Egypt is on a map.

For those who want to test their understanding of European geography you can try getting this plane to the correct city.

Warning it can be addictive.

Check your score.

http://www.lufthansa-vp.com/vp1/play.html

11 Replies
Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Geography test

It gets tough with no country boundaries posted and only 6 seconds to decide.

Just played through another game and scored 22646.

My excuse is my mouse 'stuck' and slowed down my click on a couple of 'trips'.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

All I can say is those racists here who wine about "Africans" haven't got a clue who they are writing about. I'll check out the link.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I got 18,743 points on my first try.  I'm blaming your mouse as well.  Good thing I'm not a pilot as my passengers would have been walking quite a ways on several trips.  I actually did worse on the first round then the latter two.  I shocked myself by getting within 19 miles and 37 miles on a couple tries when there were no borders visible in the later rounds.  A couple of cities I had never even heard of in which case I simply shot for the middle of Europe.

Looks like a good game for younger geography students where they can learn while having fun at the same time.

hardnox604008
Veteran Advisor

bOLLIX.

Got annoyed and played until I got a 28,000 but found myself much stupider than I'd supposed, got 18 something first time.

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

I'm not too much better with the mouse than I am with the keyboard as evidenced by my constant  typos here. Got up to just over 20Konce. Hard, but fun and challenging. Thaks for putting it up. Sent it out to the family and some of them responded that they enjoyed it.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Dagwud did well to score that on the first try when you are still wondering what is coming next. I like the idea of just hitting the centre of Europe when you have no idea where to go, I had not thought of that.

Like Nox, I found I was a lot stupider than I thought especially when they throw in some of the eastern European cities with no boundaries and six seconds does not last long.

Some of my passengers had some long walks sometimes.

I still plead that I have a 'sticky' mouse.

That is better than no excuse.

BTW has anybody tried leaving the plane 'up in the air' past the time period?

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Addicting!!

Just pushed 22 again. Landed a mile from Lisbon in the 1st rd. Missed Munich badly without a border.

I've got an egghead friend  who lives in Frankfurt. I'll send this to him to see how he can do.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Am I the only dummy that had not even heard of a couple of the cities?

Actually be interesting to see how high school and college kids do on this and a similar one that tests their knowledge of U.S. cities.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

@dagwud wrote:

Am I the only dummy that had not even heard of a couple of the cities?

Actually be interesting to see how high school and college kids do on this and a similar one that tests their knowledge of U.S. cities.

I came across a few that were new to me at least during that 6-8 second time.

Ilnis (sp?) Latvia or Lithuania.

Think I have heard of it before but sure not real familiar.

No borders and then try to find the place even if you have heard of it especially if it is in eastern Europe.

I obviously need a refresher course on eastern Europe geography.

There is something to be said for luck when you get a few cities in a row that you do know. Then the score is not so bad when you have to 'ditch' in the middle of Europe for one.