cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Get ready to pay more for your energy

snip-

Coming soon:  a green tax code for American businesses and individual  taxpayers alike?

A major tax study currently being sponsored by the U.S. Treasury will  give environmental activists a powerful new weapon in their campaign to alter  the entire American economic and social landscape  in the name of halting “climate change”—including the possible levying of new carbon taxes.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/01/eco-taxes-study-financed-by-us-treasury-will-link-tax-code-t...

7 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Get ready to pay more for your energy

Our REA board already said that would raise rates 10-20%, all we can do is pay it, or go off the grid.

Senior Contributor

This country has been experiencing ever increasing electricity prices for about 12 months now. Your country will and should not be any different when it comes to cutting pollution, etc.  I do not agree with those green guys but the world is addressing this problem, even the chinese.

Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

This country has been experiencing ever increasing electricity prices for about 12 months now. Your country will and should not be any different when it comes to cutting pollution, etc.  I do not agree with those green guys but the world is addressing this problem, even the chinese.

We've already addressed the problem.

Veteran Advisor

Well, give Obama credit, for one campaign promise kept.  He said that under his plan, energy prices (I think maybe even electricity specifically) would 'necessarily skyrocket'.

Why do you have a right to tax food consumers by mandating ethanol?

I'll give you 30 seconds to get over to the RFA site to pull a talking point off.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Why do you have a right to tax food consumers by mandating ethanol?

I'll give you 30 seconds to get over to the RFA site to pull a talking point off.

We don't, the mandate should be eliminated immediately. It is the only way ethanol can compete with oil on a long term basis. They have to be able to shut down during times it is not competitive.

Senior Contributor

I don't think you quite grasp the concept of our pollution standards.  Take vehicles for instance.  There are several vehicles made for the European market that get drastically higher fuel mileage than vehicles here, but we can't get them into the U.S. because they don't meet our pollution standards.  The biggest reason our fuel mileage ratings on vehicles are a joke to the rest of the World is because of our pollution standards.  China's only pollution standard is shutting down factories when they get visitors like they did when the Olympics were in town.  Some of our pollution standards are plain rediculous.  For example, take our diesel engines for example in trucks, tractors, etc.  With the new tier whatever engines, they're supposed to reduce emissions by 20%.  Unfortunately, they use 25% more diesel to do.  My math shows we're emitting just as much if not more pollution, and we're using more fuel to boot. 

The only reason we haven't been experiencing massive increases is because they're practically giving natural gas away.  I believe there was just as much electricity generated via natural gas this summer as there was via coal.