Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Ginsburg on restrooms 1975

Bet she has now evolved.

snip-

Liberal Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote in 1975 that a ban on sex discrimination does not require unisex restrooms.

In light of the North Carolina transgender bathroom bill debate, Ginsburg’s comments are especially critical.

In an article in The Washington Post in 1975, Ginsberg wrote to dispel the fear that the Equal Rights Act would “require unisex restrooms in public places.” According to Ginsberg, “Emphatically not so.”

The now-Supreme Court justice continued, “Separate places to disrobe, sleep, perform personal bodily functions are permitted, in some situations required, by regard for individual privacy.”

“Individual privacy, a right of constitutional dimension, is appropriately harmonized with the equality principle,” Ginsberg claimed. “But the ‘potty issue’ is likely to remain one of those ultimate questions never pressed to final solution.”

According to University of California, Los Angeles Law School professor Eugene Volokh, “I do think it’s worth noting that, when sex equality rules were championed in the 1970s, now-Justice Ginsburg — one of the most prominent feminist lawyers of her era — rejected as “emphatically” unsound the argument that those rules might lead to males being allowed to use women’s restrooms.”

5 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Ginsburg on restrooms 1975

I wonder if some on the left understand whata can of worms they opened with this trannies in the locker room deal.  It probably isn`t the .001% of the US population`s bathroom activities that`s the problem.  But along with the "straight perverts" that take advantage of it, there`s also sports.  If Kobe Bryant "decided that he was a woman one morning" and became a WNBA player, he and other male basketball players could dominate the entire women`s sport, denying many women the opportunity and spoiling their sport.  Same could go for swimming if Michael Phelps pretended to be a woman and became a "woman swimmer".

rawhide
Advisor

Ba, the East Germans had those swimmers back in the 70's

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Rawhide, I wonder if all of this weirdness will finally start hurting the Democrats.  The weirdos are a selfish breed and they have to be thinking they get all kinds of government money for being weird, they`ve raided all the traditional pillars of decency like churches and bakeries.  They can pee wherever they want, it`s a free for all ...I.P Freely 🙂   These weirdos have to be saying I got everything I can get, why should I go out and vote for Hillary?"...it may be the irrational fear that if they don`t continue to vote Democrat, all that has been stolen from them might be reversed?  Perhaps a show of gratitude to their hired burglars the Democrats?

But the Kool-aid has to be wearing off for a few Democrats that will look in the mirror and say "What the hell has happened to my dad`s Democrat party???  There was a weirdo with his tallywhacker hanging out in the girls changing room at the swimming pool, for christ sakes!!!".  

rawhide
Advisor

I have two buddies that are in their mid-60's and have always voted a straight D ticket....at least that's their claim...and they both told me they asked for a R primary ballot this year.

I just feel sorry for the grandkids that have to live here the next 40-50 years.I think they are screwed.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The government now claims the power to say a man is a women and then force everyone to treat them as such.