cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Glad I don`t give crap about basketball

How would saying "NASCAR is only for white people" or "Don`t be afraid to have all white US hockey team".    yeah yeah yeah..."whataboutism".

Jalen Rose thinks Kevin Love doesn't deserve Team USA roster spot (nypost.com)

Jalen Rose is upset with Team USA.

Following the announcement that Kevin Love will join the 12-man roster for the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Rose said the Cavaliers veteran doesn’t deserve a spot on Team USA.

“Kevin Love is on the team because of tokenism,” the former NBA star, who has the Renaissance Man column and podcast host for The Post – said on his “Jalen & Jacoby” podcast Thursday. “Don’t be scared to make an all-Black team representing the United States of America. I’m disappointed by that.”

Rose backed his comments by pointing out Love’s lackluster season in Cleveland.

“Anybody that watched the league this year knows Kevin Love did not have a stellar season, was not the best player on his team and did not necessarily deserve to be on this squad,” he said.

19 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Glad I don`t give crap about basketball

There goes that white privilege theory out the window.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: Glad I don`t give crap about basketball

(Jalen Rose is upset with Team USA.   

“Don’t be scared to make an all-Black team representing the United States of America. I’m disappointed by that.”)

Jalen is also ill-informed - The 2016 Olympic team was an all-black team.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: How do you know, .....

Maybe Love is only one of twelve NBA players willing to go play in coronavirus-infected Japan.  If I was an NBA player making at least a couple million a year, I'd think twice about going to Japan and risking Covid, Olympic gold medal, or not.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Not what Jalen Rose said.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Although at least Jalen didn’t take naps while on defense.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@rickgthf wrote:

Maybe Love is only one of twelve NBA players willing to go play in coronavirus-infected Japan.  If I was an NBA player making at least a couple million a year, I'd think twice about going to Japan and risking Covid, Olympic gold medal, or not.

Definite trend, vax'ed people still scared shïtless about getting the plague.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I’d like to see the metrics on whether Love actually adds anything to the team outcome after you account for the negatives.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

There was an old joke about The Larry Bird Rule- seemed like the Pacers had to have one white guy on the floor at any time, no matter what.

Although standards have slipped since immigrants now qualify.

r3020
Senior Advisor

So Larry Byrd is against segregation and Jalen Rose is not. Now who is the racist.