cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Glen Beck

In god we trust was originally placed on pennies and nickels during the war profiting boom during the War of Northern Aggression, it reflects which god they worship--money.   T Roosevelt considered using god on money a sacrilege, as did most churches of the time, but the money worshipers prevailed.

E Pluribus unum and Liberty was considered the motto of the USA for nearly 200 years, today LIBERTY has been removed from Federal Reserve Notes, after all they are a symbol of American Serfdom.  

After WW2 the military industrial congressional complex needed a enemy and they enlisted the nations churches to preach against "godless communism".  After the Korean 'police action', Americans were feed up with war and wanted Peace, which wasn't good for the war profiteers(military-industrial-congressional complex),  So the war profiteers got their propaganda machine cranked up with McCarthy-ism and the money worshipping churches.

The scumballs decided they could put over the LIE that the USA did not have a 'motto' and with the momentum of the 'Red Scare' the war profiteer's puppets in congress created a bill designating- in god we trust- as the "official" motto. 

Considering the present state on the dumbed down, simple minded populous, with Captain Kangaroo Beck ignorance and pretend Honor,  in god we trust will remain on the phoney money until it collapses. 

Veteran Advisor

Do not know r3020, it was just a comment that the few pictures I saw attached to the story about 'Dueling Rallies' did not show any one but white skinned people, so I noted that it appeared that the races were being divided in your country rather than coming together.

I also noted the references to'god' attributed to Mr Beck.

@r3020 wrote:

Canuck, why would it be an all white crowd? Were there some goons standing around to keep the non whites out? And why did MLK's daughter speak at the event?

Contributor

Actually no I've never watched him.  I don't read blogs, but I do hear sound bites, and know the reputation of the network he's associated with.

I find him scary, not because he invokes God.  a good thing actually we all need to be more God full.  But I fear he is actually a hate and fear monger who twists facts and changes his stand continually to influence people when he obviously doesn't even know what he wants to really stand for.  You can take almost anything that happens and twist it to make it a bad thing to someone, make almost anything something to be afraid of and he is very good at that because he floats with the wind all the time saying what suits his purpose at that moment to instill the most fear in the American people.

It's a sad sad day when the beautiful "dream" MLK had of people being treated equally no matter what their skin color, ancestry, or religion is perverted by someone like Beck to bring up the hate and fear that mankind must always be careful to keep in check.

I am afraid that with the help of people like Beck terrible times may be coming to my country that may make the unrest of the 60"s seem like a walk in the park.

Veteran Advisor

Please see the other posts in this thread about when the phrase began to be used. I did have the thought that it had been introduced in '50ies but was unsure without looking it up.

I can not speak for Gough but I do not consider myself an expert on 'life in the US'. I am though able to give my opinion from someone who is outside the US. Hopefully it is not an opinion limited from being inside the 'box'.

I would hope that looking from outside I get glimpses of the US with an unpredjudiced view that often those of you who live there are unable (or unwilling) to see.

Your welcome.

Senior Contributor

So when you go to Wal Mart you proclaim you have "phoney" money?????

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

To me Glen Beck (etal) are no more than modern day shock jocks.  Instead of using foul language and strippers in the studio like Howard Stern, they attract a loyal audience with extreme political banter.  When they find something that works their ratings go up.  To make more money they need to maintain the ratings so they use the banter that works.  It is entertainment.  The unfortunate thing is that the listeners like it even more when they take themslves so seriously that they start writing political books and holding public rallies.  Beck is a champion at this.  And someday one of these guys is actually going to run for something and in an effort to keep thier ratings up there is no telling what they will do in office including subvert the constitution.

I miss the days when we had statesmen in Washington that frequently worked both sides of each issue for the better good of our country.  I see few in the house and the senate I would call a statesman today.  Lining up straight party line votes does us no good nor does it create lasting legislation if it creates any at all.  When you say 'NO' you get NOTHING.

Senior Contributor

The way this country got in the hole $14 trillion was by politicians "working together', nobody`s "NO button" has been  working. Obama and the Dems got us in the hole with a $1.3 trillion annual defict just in his first year......imagine how bad it would have been if the Repubs had been helping them  Smiley Surprised  We`d all be better off if we paid all the lazy crooked fools to go on permanent vacations. Spending $40 million campaigning for a Senate job that pays $150,000 a year? Gimme a friggin` break, they`re either crooked or dumber than hell.

Senior Advisor

Southwest, all Beck did was have a prayer service, not much different from what MLK did 30 some years ago. He did not preach hate. He did not preach supremacy. He prayed for peace and togetherness. The dangerous part is people who view this as a problem.

Veteran Advisor

Greetigns and welcome.

Don't be a stranger.

Senior Contributor

Southwest Ohio, I agree with your assessment about Beck.  I think there are several other TV talking heads on both sides of the aisle that you could also lump into that category.