cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Glen Beck

So tell us bart, what is it about God, truth, honor and patriotism that you object to?

Senior Contributor

In God we Trust...........that phrase is everywhere you look inside our government. Any more questions?

Veteran Advisor

Hi Jim;

Nice day here again sunshine and warm temperatures just keep coming. Forecast to be 30 and 30+ for the next few days so really too hot to suit me.

Got the horses all mucked out and had a good visit with new neighbours who just moved in from Winnepeg, Manitoba.

Now I better go feed the last of my pigs and of course the chickens and it is great weather for moving a pile of dirt that was left over from construction last year. So dry it is like sand to move.

You said;

How many made up gods do you listen to? You always speak of many gods. I only know of the one true God. It has to be confusing for you to listen to so many. Could you explain how you do it.

I know it is hard for you to understand but I listen to no gods. I understand that there are no real gods. Lots of super natural beings that people call god(s) but none in reality.

Therefore it is not confusing at all to me. All quite straight forward.

And life is not out of focus at all.

Hope you have a great day!

Veteran Contributor

lest we need be reminded the founding fathers puposefully did not include God in the Constitution.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/separation_church_state2.htm

Veteran Advisor

But was that not a new addition to your country that started out as country to separate church and state?

Seems that I heard 'In God We Trust' was added in the last 50 or 60 years to a lot of things.

And none of those sayings really mean anything unless you say which god it is you trust in.

Bush's god was not really that trust worthy for a lot of your armed forces personel who got sent off to war.

Got a better one to trust in?

Senior Advisor

Canuck, why would it be an all white crowd? Were there some goons standing around to keep the non whites out? And why did MLK's daughter speak at the event?

Senior Contributor

Canuck says "seems that I heard 'In God we Trust' was added in the last 50 or sixty years to a lot of things"........Gee, are you bi-polar? Just the opposite has happened. The liberals have tried to take any reference to 'God' out of any place they can. Go get any form of currency from the United States from any year and you can find that phrase stamped on it. Take a trip to Washington DC and look around. In God we Trust is on everything. I honestly can not figure out how you at that clown that claims he is from Australia can claim to be experts on life in the U.S.

Senior Contributor

I assume that you were also scared 47 years ago when that place was  filled with black people and a few whites scattered about............Poor thing, you must have been frightened to death.

Veteran Contributor

In God We Trust became the official motto of the US in 1957.  It first appeared on US coins during the civil war and it first appeared on US paper currency in 1957.

I was only 10 when MLK gave his famous speech, too young to attend, but my father was there.

Senior Advisor

No Bruce, but they did say in the Declaration that our inalienable rights come from God.