cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Glen Beck

Southwest Ohio, don't be fooled by the "it's all one party's fault" for our economic collapse.   There are many in the Repub and Dem party to blame along with Wall Street who spread enough bribes, oops I mean political contributions around to get just what they wanted from Washington.

Below are a couple of excerpts from journalist Matt Taibbi's "The Great American Bubble Machine."  If not familiar with Taibbi he is one of the best investigative journalist going today and is about as fair as it comes for reporting and is not afraid to expose folks from either party.

"It's hard to say what it was exactly; it might have been the fact that Goldman's cochairman in the early Nineties, Robert Rubin, followed Bill Clinton to the White House, where he directed the National Economic Council and eventually became Treasury secretary."

"During his tenure at Treasury, the Clinton White House made a series of moves that would have drastic consequences for the global economy — beginning with Rubin's complete and total failure to regulate his old firm during its first mad dash for obscene short-term profits."

Don't think I'm trying to blame all the problems on Dems as Repubs are just as bad when it comes to bowing to special interest groups as opposed to representing the people of the country.  Our past several presidents have also let us down as well by bringing on board with them Goldman Sachs and other Wall Street bank executives that were not there to serve the people but to serve themselves and their real employees - Wall Street.  This goes for our current president as well.

This from Taibbi while on MSNBC's Ratigan show recently.  "Obama got elected. On the day after he got elected he put two CitiGroup executives in charge of the economic transition team, especially Froman. Two weeks later they do a gigantic bailout of CitiGroup and that very same day those same, those CitiGroup executives hired Tim Geithner to be the Treasury Secretary. It’s an absolute quid pro quo."

Advisor

Too preachy for my taste.  Didn't honestly pay much attention to it.  Hopefully Beck didn't try to tie it in with the tea party movement.  The tea party movement is not about religion.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Wars r3020

I really do disagree with your views on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The 'terrorists' got exactly what they wanted when you started invading other countries to get revenge for the NY attacks.

You will never beat the 'terrorists' by fighting wars around the world, indeed you only make them stronger.

Veteran Contributor

Beck is very big into equality of races.  You are influenced by something other than his show.  You should watch or listen to him before you post.  Anything can be taken out of context, i.e. Shirley Sherrod, but Beck is no Shirley Sherrod.   He's much better than that.

Veteran Advisor

I don't object to any of that.  What I object to is hypocrisy.

Veteran Advisor

When he was on CNN I listened to him frequently but since they dumped him and he went to faux, he has become very weird and a total hypocrit.  Of course, that is just my opinion.

Veteran Advisor

I realize you aren't a big fan of Jim Kunstler either Sam. but he gets right comprehensive today. Says what I've been saying since the innaugaration about why the President is not "going there" on some matters of dire impotance and a bunch of other stuff.

http://kunstler.com/blog/2010/08/one-lump-or-two.html

Advisor

Kuntsler is a douche devoid of anything worthwhile except vinegar.    Probably the last thing I ever hope to lay my eyes on of his was his last piece about his vacation.   The peak oil dude took a long driving vacation looking for people to insult, and entire states to degrade.     Adding an insulting tone to what many others have said more coherently does not a writer make.

Interesting that one group believes Muslims should not build a temple out of sensitivity to the families of the fallen and another group thinks Beck should not have had his event on the day out of sensitivity to MLK.   

There was great wisdom in the constitution we had, but it should have been less interpretable.

Veteran Advisor

I say tomato, you say tomatoe, I guess.

I read those things he says abouot those places and states, and the whole country as almost tear soaked...out of a deep love and respect for them.

Whatever.

Senior Advisor

Potty mouth has the freedom to organize a march anytime he wants to.