cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Glen Beck

The dining room was populated by a new race of humanoid behemoths, great lumbering brutes the size (and shape) of giant sloths, only dressed in the raiment of clowns

Yeah, the love just really flows.

Veteran Advisor

After 2 days of people watching at our State Fair I don't find much lacking in that description.

Yes I watched.  A couple of things stood out.  One was the small sprinkling of black folks there but you would expect from the racist republican off shoot called "Tea party".  Why else would the lucious Palin have paraded like a prize dog if there was no votes there.  She would not have given the same soul stirring speel if it was a democratic function.  The other is how cleverly Beck is using religion in disguise for promoting voting Republican.  Americans get off on the god thing and he played them all off the break and they loved it.  They came under his spell, rushed home and filled in their republican membership sheets. Sad but true.  It was nothing but an election rally and held in the same place as MLK's big speech. Co incidence? I don't think so. That was to connect the disenchanted blacks who wandered across the isle and voted Democrat last time.  Opportune? no really when you consider the upcoming election in November, Just the time to rev up the crowd.  

He said "Liberty comes from God".  I was only 2 months ago he gave us all lessons on the Constitution and how all power comes from the forefathers teachings if they obeyed them correctly.  That didn't work so now he is threatening you all with the eternal fires of hell if your votes are not republican.  The god thing works every time in the US.  Press the fear button and votes will follow. Correct me if I am wrong.

Advisor

Were you draging on a cigarette while you were judging those people?

What Kunstler reminds me most of is a tv preacher with 2 whores and a bottle of vodka in the backroom.    You want to talk the way he does your going to have to at least walk the walk a bit.  A driving vacation..... from his oppulent suburban home... the guy who says we need to get off oil and pack into urban environs.....

Contributor

I agree.  Wasn't it Beck that accused Obama of assuming a messianic posture, mocking the candidate on his radio show with "The Obama Soviet Anthem," which opens with the line, "All hail the messiah, Obama, Obama."  And Beck said he wasn't going to write any of his speech in case God wanted to speak through him.

The whole rally was about one thing: Glenn Beck, himself.

Senior Contributor

Good points.  The problem with this political process is that both parties have forgotten how to engage in political wrangling to make deals that will work.  The republicans (I am one) are listening to the extremists and rushing to crowd that side of the boat while democrats are doing the opposite.  Both forget the polls that suggest an electoral change is not a change in loyalties as much as it is a rejection of the current status quo.  The people are sick of partisanship and are fed up with either radical position.

And you're correct, there are few, if any politicians in office that will work both sides of the aisle to make good legislation.