cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Global warming and Noah

There was a show on today discussing the thawing ice cap after the last ice age. They are claiming that sea levels rose considerably and the mediterrainian sea blasted through the Bosphorus Strait and deeply flooded the black sea. maybe the black sea level rose as much a 500 foot.

They have been doing studies and their is clear evidence that huge amounts of water flowed that way at some point in time. It was a massive flow in stead of along term trickle because the water scoured ouit the bottom flowing to west rather than the east. A slower flow would move toward the east because of the rotation of the earth. The actual flow was so massive  that it flowed against the earths rotatiuon and move the wrong way.

If you're looking for evidence of the great flood and Noah you might have to change your mind about global warming. Your choice.

58 Replies
cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: Global warming and Noah

I believe in Global warming, I am just not arrogant enough to think I cause it. The earth goes through cycles. We little humans merely adapt to it, but we don't CAUSE anything. Most of the world is to busy trying to pay there light bills and feed there kids to worry about a stupid thing some commie professor made up. That being said Kraft t I really enjoy reading your post, you're a wise man.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Your link is interesting in that they try to make out science based on facts and evidence found by scientists as fiction but a book written thousands of years ago by men with little understanding of the earth they walked on as truth.

Now here is a question IF the flood myth was true did the ark stop in Australia and let the kangaroos and wallabies off there first so they did not make it to the rest of the world?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You're in that the earth goes through periodic cycles of heating and cooling. We don't know for sure waht causes then but it is quite possible that the rampant use of fossil fuels may exasperbate the problem.

One thing we can be fairly certain of that the air and water pollution is not good. Without government an public intervention our environment would be much worse than it is today.  Unclean air and putrid waterways..

So i think we need to be conscious of our polluting and try to minimalize it. Ignoring problems seldom improve them.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

r3020
Senior Advisor

The earth has been changing for billions of years but now all of a sudden, in the last 100 years, man is the cause. And the only thing that can change that is a tax increase.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

DING...DING.....DING... you got it....it is all about the money.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: You do you realize......

And if people quit trying to put a myth forth as being true there would be no need for this discusion either.

Now how DID those kangaroos end up in Australia if the Ark was a true story?

Evolution can explain it. The bible, well not that I have heard of.

It took about 200 million years of carbon collection to form the earth's fossil fuel resources.

We've released approximately half of it in 200 years and about 80% of that in the last 40 years.

If you want to approach it intuitively it isn't that hard to imagine it is having an effect if you view it on that basis.