cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Go ahead a kill net neutrailty

but let communities and states build their own ISP systems as public utilities linked straight into the backbone of the www. Like Chattanooga, they can do it cheaper and better and maintain net neutrality.

However states and now the Feds want to block that, assuring the telecoms maintain their profitable monopolies.

Freedom!

But, ya know, gubmint can't do anything right and we need those corporations (campaign contributions and fat jobs after politics).

Drain that swamp, baby!

8 Replies
Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

Re: Go ahead a kill net neutrailty

I don't know.  What is Iowa doing now with the fiber optic they built 15-20 years ago?  Did they get it sold?  Who runs it?

Public utility - maybe.  China runs their system like a public utility.  There are plenty in the US who would like to tell us what to say and how to say it online.

Now, if it would get rid of robo-calls, maybe I'd sign up.  Smiley Happy

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Have you heard of busy toll roads that use differential pricing, charge more at busy times to discourage congested traffic?

hardnox
Advisor

Sure, and it is a public utility.

Comcast is not.

hardnox
Advisor

Actually a very big deal in "rural development" that communities have that right should they choose.

You don't have to if you choose to oppose it in your locality and you prevail.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

laughing at you

hardnox
Advisor

hee hee.

I'm really completely baffled as to how this fits into the "libertarian" agenda.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

I'm completely not surprised by that.

hardnox
Advisor

So you think that government regulation to prevent communities from building their own is OK?