cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Going to split the relief bill into two parts.

Split the bill into a $748 non-controversial part and a $160 billion in state & local aid married with limited coronavirus liability part.  Let the Senate Republicans decided how badly they really want the liability provision.

My guess is that the Senate republicans don't care enough about the liability to vote for it.

17 Replies
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: Going to split the relief bill into two parts.

@rickgthf wrote:

Split the bill into a $748 non-controversial part and a $160 billion in state & local aid married with limited coronavirus liability part.  Let the Senate Republicans decided how badly they really want the liability provision.

My guess is that the Senate republicans don't care enough about the liability to vote for it.

I have no doubt that $748 is all the democrats are willing to let outside their curtain of graft.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Your hatred of liberals is all you have left anymore.

No policy goals, no idealogy, not even democracy, you're all just nihilists now.  With nothing to live for but your hate, why do you even bother?  Just end yourself and be done with it.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: Your hatred of liberals is all you have left anymore.

Ah, is your wittle feelings hurt

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Any liability concerns should be directed directly at CHINA.  Some poor bartender or hairfixer should NOT get their pants sued off if a idiot claims they caught rona in their shop. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Because GQP's are outraged by frivilous lawsuits?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Ah yes, those pore small businesses again.

I think it will be a pretty heavy lift to get damages from a bar or salon when nobody needed those services and engaged with them voluntarily.

Like any number of bad faith GQP arguments, that's baloney.

Although you might get .10/cwt less for hogs is Smithfield has to pay up. Although I doubt it- I imagine the Chinese would just have to eat the cost.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Those small business owners have spent years building those businesses that dems managed to destroy in less than a year.We are told we are all in this together. We are not. Not one politician that ordered the destruction of those small businesses has misses a single pay check. Any politician that orders any business closed should be forced to forgo a pay check until that business is reopened.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

No, Dems passed relief for them immediately and more to follow as that ran out.

The Cult that fanned the pandemic, the virus and the Senate GQP wrecked them.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The fanning began when the dem governors and mayors not only allowed the massive looting burning and murders but also participated in them. Proof they were not serious in any lock down.