cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verbatime
Senior Contributor

Re: Aw crap

@kraft-t wrote:

The first family is by law protected by armed guards mostly because gun owning assholes will target them. And that was the BUsh Kids, the Clinton kid and the Obama Kids.

BTW>> the Obama kids aren't the only students with parents of note in that school.

wrong... read the article please.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Re: Good news! Gun control is doomed!

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Flashback: Clinton Requests $60 Million to Put Cops in Schools

Print Article Send a Tip
21 Dec 2012 238 post a comment

Today, the same elite media who no doubt send their own kids to private schools that employ armed security, just can't stop howling ridicule at the NRA's idea to give every student in America those same protections. Because the NRA's idea is so appealing, as I write this, the media's going overboard, mocking it as bizarre, crazy, and out of touch.

This is how the media works to silence and vilify the opposition and to ensure that only their ideas control The Narrative. The media doesn't care about securing our schools; they only care about coming after our guns and handing Obama another political win.

The media also doesn’t care how wildly hypocritical they look.

In their zeal to rampage this left-wing agenda, the media has apparently forgotten that back in 2000, on the one-year anniversary of the Columbine shooting (which occurred with an assault weapons ban in place), President Clinton requested $60 million in federal money to fund a fifth round of funding for a program called "COPS i..." a program that does exactly what the NRA is proposing and the media is currently in overdrive mocking:

Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.

"Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need," Clinton said.

The media is not only so driven to ensure Sandy Hook is used to win this round on gun control that they've become morally blinded to what really needs to be done to immediately secure our schools; they've lost their grip historically and politically.

Think about it: The media is entering a new year attempting to convince parents that their children will be less safe with a policeman in their school.

Off the rails doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Again just pushing an agenda.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You're right on top of the rules and regulations aren't you?  "No American family is permitted modern automatic rifles for self-defense or any lawful reason."  You sure about that?  You want to put up some money on that statement?  Just name it.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Okay, if I'm wrong I'll admit it. Show me where it is lawful to have modern automatic rifles.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Technically he is right since you can't own a automatic gun made after...1983 or 84 I am not sure which year. So the guns are 30+ years old

http://hansonshoot.com/ownership.html

What is odd is a country that is contemplating banning all semi automatic weapons(if some have their way) and the possible ownership of fully automatic by a select few who can pony up the $5000-50,000 price tag would still be legal.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You ignorant shiithead!  $60 million for 220 schools!  How many schools are there in the US?  In 2009-2010 there were 98,817 public schools and 33,366 private schools--K-12.  At $60,000,000 per 220 schools (that would be 600 units of 220) or about $36 BILLION each year.  Let the NRA with it's billions and the rich rightwing membership pay for it if that is what they want to do.  Maybe we should do it but I doubt very many seniors and lower income folks will want to foot the bill and that is who would have to do it.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

verbatime
Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:

You ignorant shiithead!  $60 million for 220 schools!  How many schools are there in the US?  In 2009-2010 there were 98,817 public schools and 33,366 private schools--K-12.  At $60,000,000 per 220 schools (that would be 600 units of 220) or about $36 BILLION each year.  Let the NRA with it's billions and the rich rightwing membership pay for it if that is what they want to do.  Maybe we should do it but I doubt very many seniors and lower income folks will want to foot the bill and that is who would have to do it.

Did you know obamma let the money run out for this program just before the Sandy Hook shooting?

Read the article again I guess it went over your head...  I just posted it.  It was Clinton's program.