Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verbatime
Senior Contributor

Re: Good news! Gun control is doomed!

@schnurrbart wrote:

Quit changing you story.

Read back through the posts and try to read each word.  Or have someone read it for you.... And have them explain it as they go.  Get someone in one of the upper grades at your school.   I think a third grader may be able to get it through your thick dim witted skull.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Breitbart News has confirmed that The University of Chicago Laboratory School, where Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel sends his children, is protected by an armed, on-duty police officer.

University of Chicago Police public information personnel informed Breitbart News that there is at least one armed officer on duty a the school everyday and has been for “several years.”

Emanuel blasted NRA spokesman Wayne LaPierre after he proposed adding armed officers to schools across the country last week in response to the elementary school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.

A written statement from Mayor Emanuel said:

It’s outrageous and unsettling that the NRA would choose to address gun violence not by taking assault weapons off our streets, but by adding more guns to our schools… That is not the right answer for our society, our schools and most importantly our children.

People across this country, from small towns to big cities, are united and ready to pass common-sense gun control legislation. The time has come for the NRA to get on board or get out of the way.

Given his staunch opposition to the suggestions made by the NRA to protect America’s children, will Mayor Emanuel now take the lead on ending the security procedures in place at his own children’s school?

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

If that is the kind of BS you buy into. A spade is a spade, right?

verbatime
Senior Contributor

@UNIranch wrote:

If that is the kind of BS you buy into. A spade is a spade, right?

You're right it's BS, police officers at school would make them (schools) more dangerous.... That's why it's all fine for rich far left tree hugging commie bass turds to send their kids to schools with armed guards while the rest have no defense against these monsters. 

roll my eyes

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Didn't the guards exchange fire with one of the Columbine gunmen, until he either ran out of ammo, or his gun jammed?

While not the 'best' situation, it seems preferrable, to shooting those bullets into more kids.

On the other hand, the guards shot at one of the gunmen, but couldn't hit him.   As my neighbor used to say, John Wayne was about the only movie star, who recognized that if you wanted to shoot a bad guy, a rifle is a better choice than a pistol.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

I'm not saying a police officer at every school is the answer.. Just saying it's obvious the agenda of the left.  They had their talking points ready before this Newtown deal and went on air with them right from the start.  One of them was to villainies (escape goat)  NRA and no I am not a member.

The only gun I have is a 1200 Winchester my dad bought me in the 9th grade for a trap shoot competition where our school was visiting another school for a trap shoot competition.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I understand that.  It may sound like I am taking both sides here, when I say that the armed guard didn't shoot the gunman, while at the same time, keeping him busy instead of shooting other kids, but that is not my intention.

I was pointing out, that while the armed guard can be called a 'failure' for not shooting the guy, on the other hand, he kept him occupied until he either ran out of ammo, or his gun jammed, which prevented him from shooting more kids.

I will leave it up to each individual, to decide if it was worth having him there.  
However, I am curious what the 'if it saves just one life, it is worth it' point of view is.

There is no doubt, that the armed guards stopped the guy from running to another classroom, shooting at more kids.

On the other hand, they didn't shoot and kill him either.

It depends on whether or not your goal is to 'shoot' the shooter, or stop him from shooting more kids.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Cowards wouldn't even show up if they knew they were outgunned unless they were on a suicide mission as some may be.

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

I am speaking of the BS about Obama being tied to the shooting. That was your post right?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

"Did you know obamma let the money run out for this program just before the Sandy Hook shooting?

Read the article again I guess it went over your head...  I just posted it.  It was Clinton's program."

You posted the above two lines.  I read that as you are telling me to read the article again because it must have gone over my head because Obama let the money run out for Clinton's program.