cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Good point but no - just Trump

Does America need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant?  Or does America need to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants?

16 Replies
rawhide
Advisor

Re: Good point but no - just Trump

Good point

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Only millionaire and billionaires that wish to and/or become president, as their  vast amounts of money may be used to silence people, they may have procured it illegally, or, people they are beholding to may have dirt on them, that can be used as leverage in the international scene.....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@Edmund55 wrote:

Does America need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant?  Or does America need to see the tax returns of public servants who became millionaires while being public servants?

Everyone structures their taxes to pay the least possible.  The progs here will say otherwise but they are liars so ignore them.  Tax accountants exist for a reason. Politicians structure their taxes so nothing damaging could lurk in them, blind trusts,  family members actually make all the money.

Do people actually think if they get trumps taxes that they will discover illegalities?  That the irs just over looked?  Because the permanent government just loves trump and gives him a pass, laughable.

They want the taxes out of the hope for embarrassing dirt. 

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

Do people actually think if they get trumps taxes that they will discover illegalities?

YES - but more importantly, especially in Trumps case, it may show International Agreements that are a conflict of interest, with being the US President, or a member of Congress for that matter.

That the irs just over looked? 

Maybe

They want the taxes out of the hope for embarrassing dirt. 

Presidential Candidates have given their taxes freely for years, to ENSURE THERE IS NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST.   If any candidate needed to be vetted properly, Trump was it.  More promises made....more promises broken.   SOP for Trump....

Jen

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

I would rather see Harry Reid's tax returns, to be honest. 

I have zero interest in seeing Trumps tax returns, and zero interest in seeing the million dollars karen claims to have paid upon exiting farming in taxes. Maybe using Turbo Tax to save $500 in CPA fees isn't the best way of filing, though.

rawhide
Advisor

TAXES TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hey Jen, personally I would rather know who and when went to Pedophile Island with some of your heros.  That seems a tad bit more serious

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Trump PROMISED the taxes - where are they?  PROMISES MADE - PROMISES BROKEN.

And - I’ve never used Turbo Tax in my life.  I’ve had a CPA do my taxes, since I left the farm.  Before that, I ALWAYS DID MY OWN TAXES - my own depreciation tables, everything.   I’ve been through 1 in person audit, and several  “requesting more information” type audits - never had to pay a penny beyond what I claimed.  I got high marks for knowing the tax system, and my bookkeeping from the “in person”  audit. 

You may not want to see Trumps taxes, I do, and do does much of America.  The fact that you don’t want to see them, tells me you think there probably is something there that will damage your hero, more than he already is.

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

Oh. So you're super karen.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Trump`s taxes?  I thought this giddy carpet muncher already had that over with.

See the source image