cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Got any horses need shod? Head for Detoit.

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/17404   Don`t tell me we ain`t got no money!  Detoit`s horseshoer makes $29,000 plus $27,000 in bennies.

21 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Got any horses need shod? Head for Detoit.

Move along, move along you dang racists, no room for cuts here.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Smiley Very Happy  He looks like a white horseshoer, maybe because of affrimative action he was the only position they could put the token whitie in Detroit.

Senior Advisor

Did you know that Mitt Romney treats Ann's hobby horse as a business and deducts all the expense? How do you like subsidizing that?

Honored Advisor

The IRS casts a very hairy eyeball on "hobbies" that only generate expense and no income, if it passes muster with them, it`s okey-dokey with me. 

Senior Contributor

Don, did you know that the US Olympic committee pays US medal winners at the Olympics?   Gold medal winners get $25,000, silver medal winners get $15,000 and bronze gets $10,000.

I wonder if Mrs. Romney's horse would have won a medal who would get the money, the horse or Mrs. Romney?

I always joke with the wife that the horse events don't belong in the Olympics and if they allow them then the horse should get the medal as he does most of work.

Veteran Advisor

How much do you figure a farrier should make?
Honored Advisor

Well that depends on how many horses they shoe, is there alot of hoses in need of that in Detroit?  The guy that trims our horse hoofs charges $60, with the few city horses in Detroit I`ll bet he`d drive over and do them for $29,000 and then there wouldn`t be the $27,000 in bennies.

Veteran Advisor

I didn't ask you that. I only asked you what you figure they should make. Thought you guys were all about people making all they can.
Senior Contributor

It depends on how the horse acts, if they need regular shoes, corrective shoes, how often they do them. What the horse does for a living. Our farrier charges $275 for 8 horses and one gets shoes. But they are very calm horses. Lots of variables schnurbart. And high dollar money making horses costs alot more.

These guys spend years studying their craft. You arent gonna let just any Joe shoe your million dollar race horse.
And its hard back breaking dangerous work. Lots of broken arms, etc.