cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Gotta give Obama credit

From what I heard on the newscast on the radio today, it sounds like Obama and FEMA have learned from some of the mistakes of the Bush administration, and are moving more efficiently, in trying to get a start, on what needs to be done.

In a surprise announcement, Gov. Chris Christie, praised Obama, on his efforts to get the ball rolling, and his concern for those harmed by the storm.

Kudos, to Obama, for getting things going, and Kudos to Christie to put partisanship aside, and give him credit for what he is trying to do.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/christie-praises-obama-for-sandy-response/

May all affected by the storm, be safe, and repair the damage quickly.

21 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Gotta give Obama credit

Don't kid yourself. If the election was over win or loose he would have went on a 3 day golf outting.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I do think Obama really wants to help people, I just don't always agree on the way he goes about it. 
In this case, it sounds like he is doing a good job of it.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

snip-

Officials in the city of Hoboken, N.J., are defending their response to severe floodingfrom superstorm Sandy.

Public Safety director Jon Tooke says at least 25 percent of the city on the Hudson River across from Manhattan remains under water. He estimates at least 20,000 people are stranded and says most are being encouraged to shelter in place until floodwaters recede.

Tempers flared Wednesday morning outside City Hall as some residents complained the city was slow to get food and other supplies out to the stranded.

Tooke says emergency personnel have been working 24/7. He says the "scope of this situation is enormous."

http://news.yahoo.com/tempers-flare-nj-city-where-thousands-stranded-171518266.html

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If this had not made headline news do you think you would have come to the assumption that Obama wants to help people?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't believe I ever said he didn't. Just because I don't agree with his methods, does not mean I don't like at least some of what he is trying to do. I don't think I was even against health care reform, nor health care aid to the poor, but I do not like Obamacare, the way it was written, just to use one example.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I also noticed, that while Bush was ridiculed, for just flying over, instead of driving into NO, the mayor of NYC asked Obama not to stop in. I believe it had something to do with trying to provide security, and wanting to leave the few usable travel routes open. I am wondering now, if someone didn't advise Bush of something similar, back with Katrina.
Veteran Advisor

Christie 2016

Appears that someone might have sour grapes over being overlooked for the VP slot and is doing whatever he can to help Romney lose in 2012 so that 2016 is open for his own run. I have not googled this and maybe the lamestream media is not going to touch it, but it does make you wonder when this becomes a main story. At least it sure made me wonder.

Highlighted

Re: Christie 2016

Sooo....

becasue the Mormon Princeling made a fool of himself with comments about FEMA, the Governor is supposed to act pissy with the colored fellah rather than get aid for his state?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Christie 2016

I thought Christie didn't want the VP spot, but I could be wrong. However, it makes headlines, probably because he is NOT being blindly partisan, which for most politicians, IS news.