cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Governor Jindal

WASHINGTON (TheBlaze/AP) — “I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States,” Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said Saturday night, ”where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren.”

It seems to me that there are laws against inciting people to riot. Yes there is a difference of inciting people to go to the ballot box and replace those you disagree with and inciting a hostile takeover of government. Governor Jindal should clarify what he means, Is he suggesting armed conflict or taking to the ballot box to reverse the current political status?

I'm not agaist free speech but if he thinks hostile takeover by armed force is an option, then it's time to squelch the rhetoric. I think the FBI or secret service ought to have a visit with him. Right?  Right!

Armed conflict is not an option and that needs to be clearly defined. Our government is required to defend us against enemies foreign and domestic. If Governor Jindal and like minded folks think armed conflict is an option for government takeover, then they need some educating!

12 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Governor Jindal

If you were around in 1776, you would have Ben Franklin, George Washington , John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson bound, gagged, and imprisoned for inciting a riot against the Ruling Power. 😞
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Don't you think there was one minor difference? Such as we were ruled by a foreign power. Secondly, we already had the experience of one segment of our country trying break up the existing federal government. How did that work out for them?

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

Don't you think there was one minor difference? Such as we were ruled by a foreign power. Secondly, we already had the experience of one segment of our country trying break up the existing federal government. How did that work out for them?

See Sam? Seems kinda hopeless

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Would you consider armed conflict against the sitting US government as an option to win your political ends? Ya Don't believe in elections hunh?

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

Would you consider armed conflict against the sitting US government as an option to win your political ends? Ya Don't believe in elections hunh?

Nope! I believe in the Constitution.

See? Believing soley in voting and elections is a way for a democracy to operate. We live in a Republic! A swear word to some it seems

And a PS:

I should have specified some on my previous post.

@kraft-t wrote:

Don't you think there was one minor difference? Such as we were ruled by a foreign power.

Are you sure about that???

Samnospam
Advisor

The right is a given, making it stick is another.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

WASHINGTON (TheBlaze/AP) — “I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States,” Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said Saturday night, ”where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren.”

It seems to me that there are laws against inciting people to riot. Yes there is a difference of inciting people to go to the ballot box and replace those you disagree with and inciting a hostile takeover of government. Governor Jindal should clarify what he means, Is he suggesting armed conflict or taking to the ballot box to reverse the current political status?

I'm not agaist free speech but if he thinks hostile takeover by armed force is an option, then it's time to squelch the rhetoric. I think the FBI or secret service ought to have a visit with him. Right?  Right!

Armed conflict is not an option and that needs to be clearly defined. Our government is required to defend us against enemies foreign and domestic. If Governor Jindal and like minded folks think armed conflict is an option for government takeover, then they need some educating!

Bill Ayers took up arms against the US government and Barack Obama launched his political career from his livingroom. Now can you see the iron knee in your post.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I don't give a **bleep** who takes arms up agains our people. Dems Reps christians atheists, muslims mormans norwegians or gun nuts. I will be on the side of the duly elected government. We the people can choose our officials and if they are corrupt you can impeach them or vote them out. I'll not support anyone that will choose to win a losing election with the force of arms.

Plus I highly disrepect those that think armed violence is an option.Perhaps that is your problem in that you cannot tolerate losing.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I suppose the voting public wou;d hold it against me if they only knew I've been sharing a dialogue with you. However, they can be damned sure that you are not influencing me.

I know jimmy carter shared a dialogue with Menachem Begin a renowned jewish terrorist and that did not make Jimmy carter a terrorist. Ronald reagan shared a dialogue with michale Gorbachov and that did not make him a commie. Donald rumsfeld had a dialogue with Saddam hussein and that did not make him an Iraqi