cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
17 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Graph of recent deficits

scroll down at the graph and then read the difinitive details about each segment of the deficits

The bush tax cuts are the largest factor in the  cause of the deficits.

Veteran Advisor

So, what you are saying, is that the Obama administration renewing the Bush tax cuts, is the single biggest reason we are running such big deficits right now?

Veteran Advisor

If you mean the bush cuts that the repubs used extortion to get extended, then yes that added to it but the biggest part of it was the years under bush that added most of the debt.
Senior Contributor

Re: the obamoites will run now

you got em in a corner--they will run --surebutt is used to it

Veteran Advisor

Someone needs to turn the boat around, though, as that stripe on the graph, just keeps getting wider, and wider.

Senior Contributor

So you think, going back to the same Bush policies, are some how going to make it all better?

BTW, Thanks, Don, I needed that link!

Senior Contributor

Re: the obamoites will run now

Looks like something really took a crap 4 years ago. I wonder who is responsible.

Veteran Advisor

No, I am questioning, why they are continuing the failed policies of the Bush administration.

Has there been a new budget passed?  From where I'm sitting, all we have been getting are budget resolutions, to extend more or less what has been going on since Bush left.

Tax reform?  From where I'm sitting, I see the 'bad' Bush tax rates, pretty much continuing, as-was.

At least Obama proposed a budget, but it was one that no one, not even the Congressmen from his home district voted for.

Sorry, but from what I can see, yes, he inherited a mess, but he's left the mop in the bucket, so to speak, and done nothing to clean it up.

I'm not so sure Romney would be any better, as I don't see spending cuts, to match the tax breaks, so I guess we're doomed to go farther downhill, no matter what.

Honored Advisor

That's fine Don, do away with the. Bush tax cuts and solve the deficit....i'm for it! However Obama isn't for that, he wants only raise taxes on those making over $250k, going from 35% to 39%. Okay. This is how meaningless that is, you could take all their money, have a 100% tax rate on those making over $250k and run the government a whole 41 days! The middleclass is where the money money is, but obama wants re elected Smiley Happy