cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Grassley Memo will put end to nonsense.

Aside from all of the winger responses here that neglect to acknowledge the total debunking of BA’s header copy and paste bit, as Sam often says, you lost a couple of lines in. The distance between liberal and progressive is like the distance to the moon. Historically, many if not most of the more  prominent progressives were Republicans. One deals with matters cultural. The other with things generally economic and structural. Taxes, labor, use, etc 

Unfortunately the press and some leaders in both parties have oversimplified matters and have, intentionally or unwittingly but effectively nonetheless, somehow consolidated the terms. 

You seriously don’t want that mattercleared up. Which would explain how willing folks on the right are to perpetuate the confusion 

bruce MN
Advisor

Reining in the Government

Proposed 80% cut to the Center for Disease control?

Good start. Probably should be the banner for every GOP campaign ad and first line in every stump speech.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: Reining in the Government

How's that flu shot working out for you? 30 percent effective? At least Big Pharma did it up so you got it "free".

Do you agree with this professors assessment on progressives and liberals?

Al Ronnfeldt

Progressives are actually a separate group from Liberals and Democrats (although all Progressives are Democrats). Progressives are more radical and have much bigger goals than liberals, including redistribution of the wealth, free college for all, reparations for slavery, etc. The rioters are Berkely were Progressives. Bernie Saunders and all his followers are Progressive, while Hillary’s followers are liberal.

bruce MN
Advisor

Grins. Al’s Quora site always offers up some good discussions/comments.

Strange, actually that on one has ever hooked it up here before.now: 

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-there-so-many-people-who-have-progressive-ideals

hardnox
Advisor

The confederate party is heading back to its roots of illiteracy, inbreeding and hookworm (except for the Planter 1%).

There was a huge hue and cry back in the day when the Yankees and Rockefeller Foundation sent scientists down south to teach how to deal with hookworm- lookin' down their noses on the Good Folk.

Pretty much having shoes and putting them on turns out to be a good thing.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Strawma.......er...a...... strawwoma......er...a...strawperso......er.....a..... strawgendernutral.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

I just hope that "team blue" scores a touchdown soon so that you lemmings don't just all run off over a cliff.

Shouting "racist, racist, racist" or "Russia, Russia, Russia" of course.

It must be hard to come up with any comments when you lack any fresh ideas.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

I'll disagree

My definition of a progressive is someone who wishes to use the power of government to form society to a model of their liking.   As opposed to society forming itself with its own individual choices.  

Plenty of R's and all the D's meet that definition.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: I'll disagree

Some out of necessity?  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent-seeking

Too many of the R’s AINO’s?  If only they’s have stuck with Hayek and ol’ Ludwig.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: Grassley Memo will put end to nonsense.

I think the libs have peed off more conservatives since the election and in for a even bigger butt kicking this fall. They are just too stupid to shut their mouths.