cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Gun control is gun violence.

If guns or I know I know "certain guns" are banned and you don`t turn them in, then men with ..you guessed it GUNS will show up and steal your guns and if you resist that theft, they will put you in either a cage or a coffin with the aid of their GUNS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=68&v=pnU1JbeZHFM 

The government has a monopoly on violence.

10 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Gun control is gun violence.

I thought you guys were all for criminals being arrested for their crimes???!!!

Honored Advisor

Those that "break" unconstitutional laws that may be passed in the future, won`t be "criminals" in my eyes.  No more than a farmer in the Soviet Union that snuck a few extra potatoes in his pocket to feed his family, would`ve been a "criminal".

Veteran Advisor

yeah, but the military code of conduct would say that you turn them in for an offense like that.

Senior Contributor

The Last Time

The last time "certain guns were banned" and certain clips, which you did not mention, were banned, all that happened was that sales of new firearms and clips were banned. Just FYI in case you forgot.

Maybe we should quit selling "certain guns" and "certain clips" and crack down on anyone committing crimes with guns. Once they commit a crime with a gun of any sort, they are not allowed to own one again, ever. And maybe they should be periodically checked and if they have a gun, the "gun grabbers" can indeed grab it. Eventually, if done right, just good ole harmless folks, like you, and a few crackpots would be left with "certain guns."

Also, I would improve background checks and keep a proper database so that guns involved in crime can be tracked better and "grabbed" away from that element of society.

Also, ammunition could certainly be made trackable to the point of sale. I know they can put little ID tags, micro in size, in shotgun shells. They could probably do the same with bullets. If the bullet was used in a crime, it could be tracked back to the person who purchased it. This is possible. Besides, we all know guns don't kill people, bullets do. So track the darn things and if you never use yours in a crime, no worries.

Or....do nothing, reason this and any other idea away and wait for someone to make legislation.

Senior Contributor

Re: The Last Time

@KNAPPer wrote:

The last time "certain guns were banned" and certain clips, which you did not mention, were banned, all that happened was that sales of new firearms and clips were banned. Just FYI in case you forgot.

Yup! Last time.

I remember back in the 80's when seat belts became mandatory. A secondary offense mind you, They couldn't pull you over for it. At that time they said here in MI that it will never become a primary offense. Guess what......they lied

Just in case you didn't know

@KNAPPer wrote:

Once they commit a crime with a gun of any sort, they are not allowed to own one again, ever. And maybe they should be periodically checked and if they have a gun, the "gun grabbers" can indeed grab it. Eventually, if done right, just good ole harmless folks, like you, and a few crackpots would be left with "certain guns."

Pretty much how it stands now......well....'cept for that search and seizure thing in the Constitution

@KNAPPer wrote:

Also, I would improve background checks and keep a proper database so that guns involved in crime can be tracked better and "grabbed" away from that element of society.

How?

@KNAPPer wrote:

Also, ammunition could certainly be made trackable to the point of sale. I know they can put little ID tags, micro in size, in shotgun shells. They could probably do the same with bullets. If the bullet was used in a crime, it could be tracked back to the person who purchased it. This is possible. Besides, we all know guns don't kill people, bullets do. So track the darn things and if you never use yours in a crime, no worries.

You're gunna need another Utah. .......We can't track 20 million???? illegals and you wanna track 100 billion rounds....a year?

@KNAPPer wrote:

Or....do nothing, reason this and any other idea away and wait for someone to make legislation.

In other words...capitulate

Amazing the great lengths you're willing to go for this.

Honored Advisor

First of all Knapper, let`s not be snarky, I can`t do snarky so I concede that you are more snarky than me...so you win Knapper!  You are King Snarky...Yay!  So, now can we discuss this issue like the adults that we both know that we are?

Okay, what you are proposing are "after the fact" aids...that`s okay but tracking bullets?  I don`t think that law enforcement/CSI folks are having a huge problem of finding the perpetrators of murders...I could be wrong, but there`s usually witnesses, DNA, fringerprint evidence and stuff.  Do the bullet thing too, but do a study if it would really be necessary. 

Banning "certain guns" isn`t the answer because most murders have a cheap handgun as a weapon.  Contrary to what Hillary Clinton says, I have NEVER seen anyone in a store with a "AK-47 strapped to their back" ..that was just rhetoric for the Low-Information gun hater crowd.

Like I`ve said, if you want to stop school shootings, you`ll have to ban all guns especially the 12 gauge shotguns that are used to hunt birds with.  If you ban all guns, quit selling all guns and have strict penalities for offenders, you`ll probably won`t have many school shootings.  But other crimes will rise like rape of women in dimly lit parking garages, since it would be illegal for them to be armed.

Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Maybe we should quit selling "certain guns" and "certain clips" and crack down on anyone committing crimes with guns. Once they commit a crime with a gun of any sort, they are not allowed to own one again, ever. And maybe they should be periodically checked and if they have a gun, the "gun grabbers" can indeed grab it. Eventually, if done right, just good ole harmless folks, like you, and a few crackpots would be left with "certain guns."

A huge percent of our gun violence is actually suicides.

Senior Contributor

It's the Steel: Bill Whittle's Solution to Gun Control

I'd suggest you watch this.....you know.....with an open mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLjFm6GMBM

You gun grabbers like to say "We gotta do something" but you never like to go after the roots

Veteran Advisor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  YOU   AREN'T     SNARKY????    YOU       DON'T       DO      SNARKY??????    I suppose if you believe it, it has to be true  RIGHT???