cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Guns don't shoot people

But people who play with guns get shot.

A Wild West show in the US state of South Dakota became a little too realistic when three tourists were injured in a mock shootout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13824907

60 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Guns don't shoot people

I know Canuck, ain`t that the sh!ts.  Cars don`t kill people, still there`s people killed in car wrecks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQmrghZLFgs   It makes a guy so afraid he doesn`t want to get out of bed in the morning..unless you are a Christian, then `though I walk through the valley of death, I fear no evil..` .  Just messin` with ya Canuck, but honestly accidents happen.  People in the crowd of a air show get wiped out, horses go bizerk in a parade and kill..things happen.  People are like sheep, they find the stupidest ways to off themselves sometimes.

Senior Contributor

Bruce Lee's son, Brandon who was also an actor can tell you guns can kill even when not loaded with live rounds.

Senior Advisor

And people find the stupidest arguments to support their possession of firearms.  There is no other purpose of a gun other that to project a flying missle at a target.

There are very few uses for a gun other than to do violence. Autos provide transportation form point one to point two. Accidents are accidents but the real purpose of firearms is to do physical harm to some one or something. I wonder if firearms kill more humans thatn other animals. That would be interesting data in the US of A.

Senior Contributor

"I wonder if firearms kill more humans thatn other animals. That would be interesting data in the US of A."

I think the animals are being killed more often with guns then humans.  In Iowa alone there were over 127,000 deer harvested in 2010 although I'm sure there was a fair share killed by bow.   There were also 238,000 pheasants harvested in Iowa last season. 

Honored Advisor

Citizens need firearms for the exact reasons that the police and military do.  If someone breaks into your house, do want to call 911, assume the fetal position and weep in the 30 minutes to 1 hour that it takes the donut dusters to give you your entitlement of saving your sorry butt....OR would you rather pull out your Glock and have some fun?  Armed citizens are the last defense to keep a country safe from foreign invasion.  You`ve wondered before on here why hitler didn`t invade Switzerland? Well, the Krauts didn`t want they asses shot off, every Swiss home had a machine gun. 

Senior Contributor

Quote:

"There is no other purpose of a gun other that to project a flying missle at a target."

That is about the stupidest description of what a gun is for.

Senior Contributor

WOW

Dementia setting in big time. Good luck.

Senior Advisor

What else do you use a gun for? A Hammer? A nail puller?

Senior Advisor

The real reason you want a gun is **bleep** envy. Anthony Weiner doesn't need a gun.

How many times have you had you house broke into? I've been around 71 years and never had to draw a gun in defense of me or my family. Nor have most people.

When is the last time you defended our country from  foreign invasion. It's a plumb silly assertian. If anyone invade the US your pea shooters would be worthless.