cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Guns don't shoot people

I appreciate the bit of humor. I got a 22 that i can't hit the broad side of a barn with but my wife can sure make it work. Perhaps it's an advantage to being crosseyed. Hah!

Senior Advisor

Actually, I don't fear people owning guns until they express in the most irrational terms why they shouldn't be restricted in any way. That indicates to me that they are not reasonable people and shouldn't be trusted with firearms.

That quote that "they will have to pry my gun from my cold dead hands!" is remarkably insane. Yet thousands of gun owners accept that notion.

The canadians do not have problems with violent non citizens because most violent americans take fishing poles when they go to Canada.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Look Canuck, the difference between 2 per 100,000 and 5 per 100,000 murders is a rounding error, yes I`ll say it again a rounding error.  At any rate you Canucks have no right to be high fiving each other about a rounding error.  The US and Canada`s murder rates have BOTH came down from the 70`s when they were both in the 10 per 100,000 rate.  Can we both be sensible and say that it`s moving down in the right direction?  After the riot at that Canadian football Smiley Happy game the other day don`t be giving me this crap about how civilized you all are, the one finger you have pointing at the US, there are three pointing right back at ya my friend.   It`s simple in the extreme Canuck, drugs in the US are illegal, yet we are plagued with them.  If drugs can`t be controlled, how in the name of Charles Darwin could weapons be kept out of the bad guys hands?  I noticed you wisely chose to not address the topic of Canada`s sexual assault problem.  

Tell the relatives of those 3/100,000 extra dead that it is 'just' a rounding error.

Not much civilized about the riot but no one was killed or severely injured. Perhaps there is still a little civility way down deep even in Canadian rioters.

Yes guns smuggled in from the USA is a big problem with drug dealers and gangs in Canada but at least if you have a gun here and no license we know you are a criminal.

I did address the rape numbers in another post and I think those numbers could be much higher in Canada because more people (mostly women of course) are willing to report that type of assault here because of public attitude. We blame the perpetrator not the victim and even provide psychologic help from the public purse to help them get over the trauma. 

Honored Advisor

The thing is Canuck, there would be an explosion of crime if us good guys didn`t have guns.  If you were a criminal looking to rob a place with a `home invasion` would you rather tackle the place where the owner is known to be armed?  or The place with a Prius parked in the driveway with a "Obama 08" bumper sticker?   Now be honest  Smiley Happy  The NRA puts out real news stories of citizens that protected their families with their guns  http://www.nraila.org/armedcitizen/  There are hundreds of `em each month real honest to goodness newspaper stories.  If even just a few of those criminals get mortally wounded, that is that much less recidivism and that`s a good thing right?  That thug that a Lady guns down in a parking garage tonight, might be the thug that breaks into Canuck`s pad tomorrow. 

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

The thing is Canuck, there would be an explosion of crime if us good guys didn`t have guns.  If you were a criminal looking to rob a place with a `home invasion` would you rather tackle the place where the owner is known to be armed?  or The place with a Prius parked in the driveway with a "Obama 08" bumper sticker?   Now be honest  Smiley Happy  The NRA puts out real news stories of citizens that protected their families with their guns  http://www.nraila.org/armedcitizen/  There are hundreds of `em each month real honest to goodness newspaper stories.  If even just a few of those criminals get mortally wounded, that is that much less recidivism and that`s a good thing right?  That thug that a Lady guns down in a parking garage tonight, might be the thug that breaks into Canuck`s pad tomorrow. 

So do they tell the story of those who suffer from having those guns turned on them like my acquaintance? 

Never had anyone break in so far and if they did they could take any of the stuff they want and I would not lift a gun against them cause I am not mean enough to pull the trigger quick enough and they would likely end up with the gun.

BTW does the NRA publish stories about the innocents who were shot by mistake? Or do they only advertise for their opinion and 'beliefs'. 

Honored Advisor

Everyone is different, Canuck if you don`t have the intestinal fortitude to draw on someone breaking into your house possibly harming your family, by all means do not own a gun.  You are correct the gun would be taken from you and used against you.  Myself, I could perferate a thug, run him through the grinder/mixer and sleep like a baby.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Everyone is different, Canuck if you don`t have the intestinal fortitude to draw on someone breaking into your house possibly harming your family, by all means do not own a gun.  You are correct the gun would be taken from you and used against you.  Myself, I could perferate a thug, run him through the grinder/mixer and sleep like a baby.

Yep everyone is different and there is no way I could shoot someone because they were breaking in.

That would be unnecessary violence and an over reaction to the situation.

Like i said, let them take stuff it is not worth killing for.

Wow those storms you guys sent from Michigan are booming,better get off here and shut down.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Do you not have the right to defend yourself in Canada?

Senior Advisor

Didn't see much fear in the eyes of them looters.

Senior Contributor

@Iowa notiller wrote:

Do you not have the right to defend yourself in Canada?

Defend, yes.

But you should not shoot someone because they are breaking in.

As I said, over reaction and too much force.

You then are the criminal.