cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: well ba

But those three are just as dead. Killed by a gun. In gun controlled Canada. The criminals had guns. The good guys didn't. Funny how you never said a word.

Honored Advisor

Whatever is causing this increase of mass shootings in the last 10 years really, isn`t due to scary guns and the NRA.  When I grew up and long before we had scary guns and the NRA, there`s just something about the past 10 years that brought it on.   We had PacMan and Mario Brothers now video games are all about killing and hookers..."But but but!  There`s video games more in Japan and they don`t have mass shootings!!!!"  Yeah I don`t know, perhaps a more homogeneous and disciplined society in Japan?  If there was the same number of guns in Japan, I really doubt they would have mass shootings, but I "just do not know".    I do "just know" that in the early 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s....there wasn`t mass shootings Lyndon B Johnson wasn`t badgered to "do something" Gerald Ford wasn`t badgered to "do something"  George HW Bush wasn`t badgered to "do something".

Something in society changed, there`s social media now, violent video games ...maybe video games don`t cause you to commit mass murder, but what does it say about society that gets "entertainment" from splattering blood on screen.  And prescribed drugs really need to be looked at, there`s been a rash of "ADHD" meds prescribed and take too many or not enough really messes someone up and those drugs ARE a common denominator in the mass shooters. 

Kid Rock`s song "It was 1989, my thoughts were short, my hair was long it was summertime in northern Michigan.  We didn`t have no internet but man I never will forget the way the moonlight shined upon her hair..." and I`ll add no mass shootings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA

Senior Contributor

Long list of maybes there BA BUT the one difference between countries is the availability and controls on guns.

Senior Contributor

And what was to say.

2 guys did bad things but what they did would not make the mass killing list which has more than 1 a day in your country.

More guns will never solve the problem of too many guns.

Senior Advisor

That's not because of less guns. It's because you do a much better job of controlling ILLEGAL immigration keeping the criminal element out of your country.

Veteran Contributor

Please proceed. Gun absolutism is now a liability for the GOP.

It could recede a bit if we're so fortunate as to experience a lull in the rate of mass shootings, or if God Knows What that can be spun a to a different tune occurs. But more likely it intensifies.