cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Gunz too

like every single major issue, sentiment is beginning to bend further away from the GOP line. 

The St. Louis gangsta yuppie couple aside, I imagine that a lot of the folks in the 'burbs aren't real comforted by seeing pictures of goobers in tac gear waving assault rifles. 

Although there's always been a solid majority in favor of the sort of gun safety measures that would conform Scalia's SCOTUS opinions. The gun lobby has managed to stall or kill them most everywhere.

32 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Gunz too

Not sure who the new players are but the NRA is in no position to be a major force in this election.

Joni's money will have to come from somewhere else.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The NRA doesn't sell arms, planned parenthood does. (hat tip Kurt)

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Those of you antifers shouldn`t make the same mistake that the rooster believing that his crowing causes the sun to rise.  There will be people that vote for Biden or vote against Trump that still hold the 2nd amendment in high regard.  There are people that want free healthcare, have white guilt and can`t stand Trump, but still have a full gun cabinet.  Antifa and Black Panthers probably want the legal right to own a gun, if you`ll recall Bernie Sanders was pro-Gun as senator in Vermont, only changing after throwing his hat in the ring for the presidential campaign.

Like Tik Tok claiming "the rioters were Republicans" believe it or not many of this are registered democrats.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2020/07/16/gun-sales-permits-skyrocketed-iowa-after-geo...  

snip

Gun sales and permits were already on the rise in 2020, but those numbers skyrocketed in June as nearly 7,000 newly issued gun permits went through the Iowa Department of Public Safety, according to data from the department.

While gun permits don’t equate to firearm purchases, the numbers show Iowa may be following a nationwide trend of more people seeking out firearms and ammunitions after the death of George Floyd and the protests that followed.

Between Jan. 1 and June 30, Iowa law enforcement agencies issued 32,880 nonprofessional permits to carry a firearm. That’s 10,000 more permits than were issued during the same period in 2019. Out of this year’s permits, 8,007 of them were issued in June and 6,847 were for new applications.

In June 2019, only 2,341 permits were issued.

Iowa firearm retailers were already seeing an uptick, particularly in ammunition sales, when the COVID-19 pandemic began in March.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Yea people love seeing historic monuments destroyed, children killed, cities looted and burn.  Run on that.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

Yea people love seeing historic monuments destroyed, children killed, cities looted and burn.  Run on that.

They are running on that, and the citizens will shortly vote accordingly. 

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Hollowhead can you get any more clueless?

@sdholloway56 wrote:

like every single major issue, sentiment is beginning to bend further away from the GOP line. 

The St. Louis gangsta yuppie couple aside, I imagine that a lot of the folks in the 'burbs aren't real comforted by seeing pictures of goobers in tac gear waving assault rifles. 

Although there's always been a solid majority in favor of the sort of gun safety measures that would conform Scalia's SCOTUS opinions. The gun lobby has managed to stall or kill them most everywhere.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Oh Sammy.

I wonder if there’s a Palin statue somewhere. That would really send you over the edge.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

nuts, from "peak oil", to "russia russia russia/peegate" to "stock market meltdown" etc, is there actually any major movement or issue that you have been right about?

maybe you actually are right about guns and law and order not being a signature winning issue for Trump in this go around, but forgive me for doubting your acumen.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@rsbs wrote:

nuts, from "peak oil", to "russia russia russia/peegate" to "stock market meltdown" etc, is there actually any major movement or issue that you have been right about?

maybe you actually are right about guns and law and order not being a signature winning issue for Trump in this go around, but forgive me for doubting your acumen.

Get off his case.  I find Nox’s comments thoughtful, and a useful tool in thinking about longer term planning.  

You guys love to be on him for the “peak oil” post he had years ago, just before the big advancements in well fracking and oil shales production,and the ultra deep wells being drilled around the globe.  His insights at THAT TIME were correct.   

Russia Russia Russia is not the hoax that you like to make it out to be.   Your calling it a hoax, is just protection for your cult leader.   Most of it WAS REAL, probably all of it.  Much of what was known, never saw the light of day because of Republican corruption in the Senate.  Eventually, we will know.

The stock market?  His insights there are phenomenal, and if you don’t want to believe what he is seeing - then don’t.   This market is being held up by a web of lies.   I have never, ever seen a market ingest the continuous onslaught of incredibly bad news like this one has, and still go higher.  Sorry - but there is nothing now, or in the next two year future that shows me that the stock market is where my money should be.  I’ll stand aside there thank you.

As far as a signature winning issue for Trump - he only has his anger against Democrats.   Everything else - coal, walls, lock ‘em up, “great” health plan, Chicago murders stopping, infrastructure, return of manufacturing, tired of winning, China hoaxes - basically all a joke, and he won’t be able to use any of those.   He keeps using the byline - we had - as in “we had the greatest economy ever” - until he didn’t.   His tax plan - going to be paid by the great GDP numbers - in the toilet.  Now, his “great” tax plan, is causing our Federal Debt to explode - and have you heard One Word about a “balanced budget” since Trump took office?  NO - NOT ONE WORD OF IT.   Imagine that?

You just keep digging at Nox.....I’ll have things to dig up about Trump, and his failed presidency, for a long, long time.  Oh, but he T R R R I I I E E E D, didn’t he?  (No - he didn’t - he was too busy hob nobbing, doing rallies, and golfing, to have time to be Presidential....)

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen