cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Don...you saw it

I don't know that I disagree with you on what happened but I disagree on this program being a distortion and distraction from the real truth. I don't think anyone looked good in the production at least from this perspective.

Perhaps that Warren woman and a couple of cpongress types that opposed the tarp, but I don't know what would have happened with out the tarp. I think a meltdown would have been catastrophic.

Highlighted

Re: HBO’s 'Too Big to Fail' – A Reality Check

Again I would recommend Michael Lewis' "The Big Short."

Highlighted
Advisor

It doesn't matter what would have happened with or without tarp, it seem the first thing to do is to put the jinn back in the bottle,reinstate proper laws to stop it and prevent it being used further.   I don't believe the meltdown has been stopped, THE BANKSTERS ARE STILL STUFFING THEIR POCKETS, just postponed.  There are further 'bubbles' to be endured, here is a link to a article by the Honorable Karen Kwiatkowski about bubbles and realities to be faced and handled by brave Patriots who can't be intimidated by powerful lobbies. http://lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski268.html

snip--c

The language of bubbles has permeated the American media and the American psyche. That whole categories of financial flows can grow, glow and then burst revealing emptiness, waste and fraud is now an accepted model for understanding America in the 21st century.

What these modern bubbles, and most historical ones, seem to share is government "leadership" and government blessings, and a taxpayer (born and unborn) subsidy of this or that investment. Ponzi schemes of all kinds lead to bubbles, promises of easy gains for low risk that, when they come due or are discovered, collapse swiftly and painfully. Bubbles are the predictable result of lies being told about what is wise, what is worthy, and what is good for this or that entity. We are aware of the housing bubble, the financial bubble stemming from mortgage security swaps, the coming college and the municipal debt bubbles, and the bubble growing aroundthe U.S. Federal Reserve notes.

Some bubbles are bigger than others, of course, and different groups are differently impacted when these bubbles explode and investors sort it out and reallocate any remaining pieces. Certainly, government intervention delays and warps any post bubble recovery. What is simple in many ways is made complicated and difficult to understand, but the fundamental facts will inevitably have their day.

One of the key features of a bubble ready to pop is that a small number of intimate observers of the situation begin cry into the wilderness, often pointing to certain fundamental flaws, or unnoticed oversights. These observers and participants who warn of a coming collapse or bursting bubble may be thought of as canaries in a mineshaft. But unlike the humble canary, whose song is welcomed because it means the system parameters are still solid, the naysayers, the cautious critics, and the wise proactive analysts tend to be ignored by the "investors" when they sing, and these canaries are pressured to go silent.

--------read the entire piece it's short and there's a lot more inside !.   -----

Highlighted
Advisor

I read this thread and its like three years of posts I've made here were completely ignored. If you need an hbo movie to tell you what happened after all the coverage its received, just how pitiful for America. Don's description of the movie is like describing john dillinger as having run a stop sign. Keep watching folks you're going to get another chance at deciding whether to turn your childrens money over to save the financial system.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@johnaa wrote:

I thought the article was a good point to start a discussion, Bruce is just having a hysterical moment.   I have followed this rip-off from back as the late eighties when it was being hatched under the cover of "Deregulation", which amounted to removing laws which had been created to prevent crime.

At the time many sober people wrote and spoke about what would happen if these laws were removed, it doesn't require much intelligence to recognized the presence of dishonesty in the human genome.   That's the way it is, if people can get away with it they will.   There is no doubt in my mind this was a feeding frenzy among the banksters and some of their customers, construction and development, for example, all with a consciously their criminal intent.   Don't do anything crooked unless it is legal.

It is fraud thief and embezzlement needs to end. criminal .  

There is no better vehicle for disinformation and distraction from the whole truth than these kinds of productions and who has the big bucks to finance the circus?  

But one may wish indulging in Alice-in-wonderland thinking and not see problems you feel you cannot do anything about, OK, there are others who are trying.

Well, well, well, the libertarian calling for more government and regulations. No way you could ever vote for Ron Paul.

Highlighted

Re: HBO’s 'Too Big to Fail' – A Reality Check

Senior Advisor

Well, That is a wild assumption. Never did I say that the guilty shouldn't be prosecuted. Where the hell is the justice department?

On the other hand a locked up financial system would hurt millions of innocents whioch means people like you and me. Evidently you would prefer total chaos to prove your vindictive point. Too much regulation did not kill the financial markets. It was non belief in regulation and ignoring regulations.

It's as if one party wanting to remove speed limits and the other party buying into it. Thus when you have ahundred car pileup on a foggy morning everyone can claimn they were obeying the law.  I guess the solution is less regulation. Lets remove the stop signs.

Highlighted
Advisor

Thick as a brick sometimes

Highlighted
Advisor

john says:

"..when it was being hatched under the cover of "Deregulation", which amounted to removing laws which had been created to prevent crime."

Prescisely.

This has been a really dumb discussion, and I apologize for my part in it in that you and I and a handful of others here basicly agree and have for a long time on this matter. I know that  you aren't one, but we are acting like Democrats on a city council obsessed with a petty, botique issue while the damned town burns down.

And I wasn't aware until now  that 3020's teabagger mentality had taken him to where he would support the removal of laws that deal with criminality, but by his interpretion of this post of yours it would make one wonder.

You are so right about the financial de-regulation being about the removal of regs that were there not just to protect one individual from the whim,  irresponsiblity or indescretion of another, as so many regulations in other areas have come to be, But, rather, were put in place to prohibit criminal activities.

Glass -Stegal wasn't written and passed by the U.S. Congress just because somebody didn't like how somebody else was doing something, as so many overbearing zoning and behaviour rules and laws are. There was at hand a record of indiscriminate and widely destructive results that had come about here and all around the world as a result of the activites that it was drafted and passed to prohibit,

Highlighted
Advisor

Kudos........ Karen

Now that's better...Karen K...the No. 1 reason to check in at the Rockwell site.

"the bubbles to come"....

....the avalanche. I don't think one % of the public is conscious of how unmanageable the student debt bubble is set in stone to become.

The residential housing crash is only providing cover for the commercial real estate bubble...keeping it out of the limelight.

LOOK AT THIS:

http://www.businessinsider.com/spain-ghost-towns-satellite-2011-4

And I've never seen or heard anyone refer to a defense or armaments bubble before. If we stop the wars, bring the troops home,. drasticly reduced our military foot print in all of those places we've been since WW2 and the cold war, as we very well should, we get a popped bubble and employment and disfunctional debt crash in world of choppers, fighters, missles, guns and bullets