cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

`Happy Fathers Day, I`m Covid Positive`

Test results came back yesterday for my Daughter and I`m concerned, even if I`m a old guy, I would gladly take the Covid 19 virus from her if I could.  She works at a radio station and does website consultation, in a college town and now she`ll be out of commission in quarantine for 2 weeks.  

She picked it up at a party about a week ago where Covid positive people were in attendance, had flu symptoms and was advised to get tested.  So far she says it`s similar to a mild flu.  She has 3 roommates that are done with school for summer and back at their homes so that aspect is good.  She can have food delivered from Grub Hub and get supplies from Amazon. 

But, I think we are on the road to herd immunity whether we like it or not, we`re all going to get it and have to deal with it. 

40 Replies
Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

Re: `Happy Fathers Day, I`m Covid Positive`

I hope she recovers completely and quickly.  

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Thank you Kurt. I pray a little extra for my baby   🙂

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

College is a dangerous place to be, nowadays. Both physically and psychologically. I hope she gets over this very quickly and no side effects. 

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Best wishes for your daughter BA.  She'll be fine.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Thanks Craig, people are social animals, we love gatherings.  One of my concerns is that she will get depressed being cooped up for 2 weeks alone, but with Skype and social media it should be easier than in the past.

I`m more of a loner, you could put me on a desert island for a year and after 365 days I`d say "What the year`s up already?  Can`t I stay another week?"  🙂

rsbs
Esteemed Advisor

my sincere wishes for a complete recovery without any lingering effects.

I still wonder why widespread testing hasn't taken place yet to see how many of us actually have been exposed to Covid. It would either be alarming or reassuring, but at least then we would know.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Thanks Sam, she`s healthy and young.  But the thing is, this virus is easy to catch, if Daughter caught it,  I think we better mentally prepare for spikes in the future.  I`m sure she didn`t wear a mask and gloves socializing, but still she was aware to be not be careless.  

JMO a Trump rally or a BLM protest are gatherings that you`d better halfway expect that you can catch it.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Thanks Red, had my Daughter`s friends not advised her to get tested, she may have just thought it was the allergies which have been bad without rain.  Well, she would`ve been at parties and work ...visiting Grandma spreading it.  

lemerik1958
Senior Contributor

Hope your daughter recovers without any lasting affects.