cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Happy Holiday

Just ran across where someone was asking "If a store says they are having a Columbus Day Sale does that mean I can walk in and take anything I want?".

8 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Happy Holiday

@bruce MN wrote:

Just ran across where someone was asking "If a store says they are having a Columbus Day Sale does that mean I can walk in and take anything I want?".

Do they live in Ferguson Missouri?

Veteran Advisor

it must be awful to be a rich white progressive weighed down with all that guillt. How on earth are they able to even walk around carrying such a load?

Senior Advisor

@Red Steele wrote:

it must be awful to be a rich white progressive weighed down with all that guillt. How on earth are they able to even walk around carrying such a load?

Columbus was a scientist out to prove the world was round sailing west to get to the east. Today's progressives seem to hate scientist and science unless it is funded by Almighty Big Government and used to promote man made global warming climate change

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The hoodlums in Ferguson and Detroit must celebrate Columbus Day every day.

Advisor

Scientist?  My God the things one can learn hear,  credible scientists ( ever here of Pathagurus?)?had proven that the world was round a couple of millenniums before the fledgling "scientist" Columbus was born.   I believe our chief cobbleknocker here said something about credibility the other day.  Little wonder that most sane people refer to wingers of your bent as "flat earth ears".

Senior Contributor

Old folk lore about Columbus showing the world was round.

It had been proven by the Phoenicians many years before and was widely accepted that it was round by thinking people.

Yes many common people held down by old religious superstitions in Europe may not have known but then they probably did not even think about it as it was not a need in their scramble to provide enough to survive.

The Muslims of course had progressed beyond the old beliefs and studied astronomy and understood and that info filtered back to educated people in Europe.

The old idea that people believed the world to be flat was probably encouraged by a church that did not officially accept that the sun was the centre of the solar system and not the earth until the 1800's.

Senior Contributor

That CHILD raping Slave making Fool thouhgt he was in INDIA.

HE was the ISIS of his day.

Senior Contributor

We were taught that in school, but actually by those times only the ignorant believed the world was flat. Columbus was looking for a route to the "orient" to get spices and other valuable goods, claim new lands and become a person of higher status, even a Governor of new lands. He was indeed funded by big government, the biggest of the day actually. He made three government funded voyages in all. Though today we say he was funded by Queen Isabella of Spain, she was actually of Castile since there was no unified Spain at the time (1492), but there there was Castile, Aragon and Portugal, which compromise the later country of  Spain. They did however have one unifying factor; the Christian religion which heavily played into Columbus' voyage and besides finding riches, he could bring religion to the peoples he encountered and thus got the backing of the church as well. Also, Columbus was promised a governmet position, Governor, if he found and claimed new lands. It was all about government and religion, and business and not at all about science!

Doubtful? Look it up. Don't take my word for it.