cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Happy tax increase everybody!

A week from today, taxes will increase on every tax payer. Another era of clinton prosperity will soon be on us.

The doom and gloom of the fiscal cliff will evaporate as companies and businesses expand to pay the taxes. More jobs more revenues and godfathers won't go broke.

Do any of you others recall the extreme hyperbole flying around before the Clinton tax increases. Herman Cain bawling about all the jobs that will be lost if the Clinton  increases of through. They're at it again, doom  and gloom abounds as if tax policy will drive us to a new recession gasp depression!

27 Replies
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: Happy tax increase everybody!

Even the partisan CBO agrees with the doom and gloom crowd that we'll go back into a recession once the fiscal cliff rates become effective.  Helicopter Ben will have no choice other than to print, print, and then print more. 

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

'Businesses will expand to pay the taxes"????  

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I don't know how well y'all negotiate or if you have ever bargained with someone at a swap meet or some place like that but...Obama stated that he wanted to keep the taxes for those making under $250K the same and raise taxes or let the tax cuts expire for those over $250K.  bohner says $1 million and Obama makes a counter offer of $400K and the repubs just quit and go home.  Why is it that Obama has to make ALL the concessions and the repubs don't have to make any?  Bohner should have said something like $800K and waited until Obama made another counter.  We might have gotten it at $500K or $600K.  Now, EVERYONE will be paying higher taxes in about 7 days.  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!!

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

I thought you guys were for higher taxes.....Why the bitching?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

My Taxes will go down

If we had elected someone that was serious about getting the house in order, I would have paid my fair share and not been glum about it. But since we are obviously heading towards some sort of financial Armageddon, I am going to pay very little in taxes going forward, after the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire. Why would I wait and pay retail when I can get my money taxed at wholesale rates in 2012?

In four years, maybe it will be time to pay some taxes again. I am going to do my part to balance the budget in 2013, as I have for several years running. After 2012, I should only have to buy fuel, chemicals, seed, and other inputs and should be able under any tax system to write them off. Grain will keep a very long time...I found that out in the early 90's.  You just need to rotate the oldest grain out and aerate it , and then you can just sell enough to pay for inputs. If you sell too much, the family starts wanting things like cars, TVs, vacations, and other trinkets they can easily live without.

Right now, the grain seems to be worth more than land , since you cannot sell five years of production from an acre and pay for that acre. Until we see that tradeoff again, the grain is a better commodity to hold than the land is.

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

I am new on this forum so I dont want to stir things up but I think the President has done an excellent job of negotiating with the Republicans. They(the Rs)need to come back to the table. The pres. is holding pocket aces here and there are 2 aces on the board...hes got the nutz on this issue and nearly a super majority of people(both Ds and Rs)behind him IMO

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Welcome, but you are in great danger of being called things your mother would faint at upon hearing them by writing stuff like that!  The repubs idea of of negotiating is the president puts something on the table and they make a counter offer and then walk out.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Had he not caved, the last time around, the opposition likely wouldn't be so cocky.

Last time, he promised to renew the cuts for the middle class only, and caved, more or less without a fight.

Without a track record of standing his ground, they will continue to test him.

Much like the filibusters, that never were.  It seems all the Repubs have to do, is say a few stern words here and there, and the Dems cave, instead of calling their bluff.

UNIranch
Senior Contributor

Well hasnt the President put a plan out there that is 1 to 1 (cuts-revenue). That sounds pretty balanced to me.