cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Happy tax increase everybody!

The cattle are now approaching the catch pens.
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Just curious , did we get a new president?

Or do we have the guy still that could not get one vote on his last budget from the Senate that was controlled by his own party???

idalivered
Advisor

Merry Christmas, Don!  I hope you got to see all your children and grandchildren. I can honestly say I did not give one minute's thought to the federal budget in the last 3 days.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Red Steele wrote:

Just curious , did we get a new president?

Or do we have the guy still that could not get one vote on his last budget from the Senate that was controlled by his own party???

We will just see what the dems think of tax cuts after the first of the year.

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Obama ran on raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires.  He was handed a proposal to raise taxes on those making a million or more, and he rejected it.  The R's handed him a plan closing tax loopholes that would have brought in a lot more revenue to the gov't.  He rejected it.  Obama wants to raise taxes on those who don't even pay those taxes.  Buffett is completely behind it because he doesn't pay any of those taxes where the rates are set to go higher.  He makes 100K in salary, thus he'll be below the threshold.  Berkshire doesn't pay dividends, so he won't have to worry there.  Berkshire rarely ever sells stocks, so again he won't have to worry.  Buffett has already pledged billions to philathropies for his kids to run where they'll draw an insane salary but his estate won't be taxed.  Everything Obama wants to do will have little to no affect on the taxes of the richest or second richest person in the U.S.  Yep, this is the exact formula for success!

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

NO, the Republicans are going to see how the American people feel about tax cuts after the first of the year! You elephants aren't going to like it either.

Just a reminder, the President's approval rating: 56%

Boehner and elephants rating:  26%

r3020
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

NO, the Republicans are going to see how the American people feel about tax cuts after the first of the year! You elephants aren't going to like it either.

Just a reminder, the President's approval rating: 56%

Boehner and elephants rating:  26%

No one will care. EVERYONE knows the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

We are all here in town John

So they pop in everyonce in a while. Most everyone is working or going to school so it is hard to get it all organized. We were all together christmas eve and most of us for breakfast yesterday morning. Son in law cooked burritos and they were pretty good.

Carolyn always does too much and I tell her the youngsters need to do the heavy lifting but she was busy baking as usual. We and a soup supper christmas eve with about 5 gallon of soup of different flavors. It was pretty good for a change.

I done some reading of daneille's work and I have enjoyed it. The lass has a talent and will likely have a good career.

I enjoy the little ones more than you can say. I thought it was because I was aging but carolyn says I was nutty about all of them as they came on the scene. The youngest doesn't like anyone else sitting on my lap. She says "My papa!". Boy do I hate that! Lol.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Let the ship sink. Seems like most on here have absolutely no common sense.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Now, you don't care, boy, that's cute! After you have defended the Koch bros. the way you have? I suppose you think, that's going to obsolve the elephants of all responsiblity, sorry my man, that ship has already sailed, and it sank, a long time ago.