cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Harris says Iowa farms destroyed by floods this year?

Did I hear her correctly when she said Iowa farms had been destroyed by floods this year? Shows how much she pays attention to those poor farmers she is fighting so hard for.....

10 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Harris says Iowa farms destroyed by floods this year?

I didn’t watch but most of the family did.  One of my farm raised daughters asked me later that she thought it was wind and not floods that caused damage in Iowa, which I affirmed. 

She then asked how come The QTip, as much as he felt free to interrupt and being from a farm state, didn’t correct her. He might have, but I seriously doubt that he knew either. He’s graduated from needing to know.

But, yeah, just as it is a facade when farmers put on their aw shucks mode to go to DC on behalf of corporate and financial interests and plead for relief, being as “We are but simple servants of the land toiling from dawn til dust to feed a hungry world” none of what concerns Ag producers and rural people and communities is much more than lip service in the high halls of Federal power 

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Did I hear her correctly when she said Iowa farms had been destroyed by floods this year? Shows how much she pays attention to those poor farmers she is fighting so hard for.....)

Harris wouldn't know a tractor from a barn - and she doesn't know why we need farmers when all the food she needs is at the local grocery store.

bruce MN
Advisor

,it takes a massively greater number of laborers and workers to get the food there than it does self determined farmers.

I’m guessing that she might have some grasp of that.  Covid, if nothing else, has magnified awareness of it.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Among the things that might keep me up at night the notion that enough (subsidized or not) corn and soybeans won't flow into the back end of the corporate food pipeline is about 1000 places behind killer bees.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Among the things that might keep me up at night the notion that enough (subsidized or not) corn and soybeans won't flow into the back end of the corporate food pipeline is about 1000 places behind killer bees.)

Well, you and the harris/biden ticket - who needs those dang farmers and their food, just buy your "magic" food at the local grocer.  Heck, farmers and the food these produce are a 1000 places behind killer bees.

bruce MN
Advisor

Every last breathing soul who images him or herself as a farmer could succumb to the Covid between now and Christmas and there would be the same number of bushels of corn and beans next fall as there would have been had they not.

There’d be some shuffling and a few hundred thousand people with new jobs, but neither the economy nor the food supply would so much as burp.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

principles that define who you are

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Re: principles that define who you are

She is totally in this conquest of power to cement herself as the modern day Vladimir Lenin. She probably dreams of her profile on coins and Soviet-style murals on the collective buildings of our future. 

As far as the farms in Iowa go. Pence didn’t correct her, because he knew that the people of Iowa knew she screwed up, and they knew that she really doesn’t care about them. 
Their farmland will be taken from them, anyway, when the state-run collectives are established. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

Harris views everything while laying on her back with her heels up. Everything she sees is upside down.