cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Harry Reid V Bundy

@bruce MN wrote:
Lost in all of this is just how much far right fringe "inside baseball" this is. The only way it would have picked up any general attention and extensive media attention would have been if the militia types would have had a Concord moment. THEN the evening news crews would have had to report on what was going on. As it is Joe f'ing Farrah can jerk off all over it to his heart's delight and keep his freak troops reassuring each other. BLM has now got an expanded file and Bundy.may have to now actually have to come up with a forthright response.

The funny part is Harry or Rory Reid talking about someone else doing something illegal.

Honored Advisor

If any of the militia had a sawed-off shotgun that was 1mm shorter than allowed or a Tommy machine gun without a proper license, that would`ve been the only "excuse" needed for the feds to light the fuse on a tinderbox bloodbath.  But with everyone and his bother recording and probably live streaming to the internet, they couldn`t get by with funny business.  If there`d been cell phone cameras at the time of Waco seige, I doubt that would`ve turned out the way it did.

This Big Brother surveillence society bites asses both ways...I love I love I love it!   Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

And what is it that they are/have done illegal?
Veteran Advisor

So, in other words, you have no idea if anyone had "banned" guns. IN FACT, shotguns with a barrel length of less than 18" have been illegal since the early 1900s and have only recently been made requiring a permit from the ATF. Same with machine guns and silencers--you can own them if your record is clean and you pay for the permit. Waco was filmed pretty thoroughly. BUT, you folks are crazy if you think you can intimidate the Fed govt with a bunch of idiots with guns! I know it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling but when the lead starts to fly, so will you!
Senior Contributor

It all sounds a bit haliburtony to me.
Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:
It all sounds a bit haliburtony to me.

In what way?

Honored Advisor

I most certainly do NOT think that the federal government can be intimidated..they have more guns, bigger guns, more "cannon fodder" as a matter of fact if they ran out of cannon fodder they would "draft" those very cowboy and miltia men`s boys into the Army to become new cannon fodder.  And the people calling the shots at the Bundy ranch are safe behind a desk in DC.

There still is a matter of "public opinion" and a bloodbath caught on raw footage is very powerful, politicians first concern is to get elected...one day that won`t be important to them but for now, they don`t want to ring that bell.

I really doubt that any of the cowboy`s guns weren`t allowable, from footage I saw they mostly had AR-15`s available legally to any non-felon with $2,000 to spend.

If Bundy didn`t have the constitution on his side, he would`ve been out on his ear long ago.  This explains it to those interested in more than just the politics of it.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/18032-blm-s-seizure-of-nevada-rancher-s-land-... 

Advisor

I'm sure there were cameras pointed in both directions ba. Pay back will come.
Veteran Advisor

The BLM is not trying to seize his deeded land. The only argument that I argue against is the one that says Reid wants him off because he wants to put in a solar farm on it. The solar farm land is near Laughlin, 95 miles south of Las Vegas and the Bundy ranch is north of Vegas. Also, he decided in 1993 that he was above paying for the leasing of public land. Every other rancher in the west pays it as he did since 1948. Me thinks there is MUCH more all the way around than what is being told.
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
The BLM is not trying to seize his deeded land. The only argument that I argue against is the one that says Reid wants him off because he wants to put in a solar farm on it. The solar farm land is near Laughlin, 95 miles south of Las Vegas and the Bundy ranch is north of Vegas. Also, he decided in 1993 that he was above paying for the leasing of public land. Every other rancher in the west pays it as he did since 1948. Me thinks there is MUCH more all the way around than what is being told.

In order for Harry and Rory to cash in on the China deal they have to change the restriction on the land where they want to build the solar farm and reclassify another area in order to protect the turtle.