cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Has he thrown in the towel?

Personally I don't care if he vacations.   The job follows him where ever he goes, same thing I said when people complained if Bush went to Crawford.   Doesn't matter were he is.

Politically he is very astute or he wouldn't be President, couldn't have beat Hillary if he wasn't.    He has to understand his popularity is falling to the point were he could become irrelevant, lame duckish.   The economy is getting worse, not better.   The whole mosque thing has hurt him, high ups in his own party are taunting him.  And he's just taken a beating about his wife's lavish vacation.  The oil spill fiasco.   Surely he realizes that taking a 10 day vacation right now is just going to give the other side more dirt to pile on.      Has he accepted that he can't be reelected?

19 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Has he thrown in the towel?

Obama is the cross between a kamikaze pilot, a chess pawn and a kleenex. On the chess board you`d move your Obama piece to sacrifice so your "horsey piece" can take out more important pieces from your opponent. The Democrats will lose big time in the fall and 012, but the line in the sand has been moved. Even with a Republican majority it will be impossible to move the line back to where it was. I recall a auctioneer selling a very cheap combine once and saying "Use it one time and throw it away, like a kleenex!!". Well that`s Obama a kamikaze,pawn, kleenex.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

"Even with a Republican majority it will be impossible to move the line back to where it was..."

And you are referring to when? What was it like on that day you are pining for?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ba, just about the time you type something sensible, you counter it with something as utterly retarded as that.

So, you want to go back to those wonderful days of past called the Bush era????????Why, because you prospered so much????????????? LOL This comes from a guy from Iowa, the state that elected "Gopher" to Congress, and worships a fake "hero" whose real name is Marion. LOL, you folks are on a roll!!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Take it easy on Iowa Tom.  Our state is not perfect but at least not all our politcians are not crooked like our neighbors to the east.

One thing I find a rather interesting recently with Obama is his claims that the gulf is doing great and that the oil is mostly gone now with mother nature and the ocean naturally breaking it up.  This is very similar to what Rush has said for years, that the world is far tougher then most people give it credit for and will generally mend itself.  I can only guess at the back lash we would have heard if it were Bush in charge during the gulf leak and he came out making similar claims to Obamas. 

I see recently where some experts are now coming out and disagreeing with the notion that the oil is mostly gone now.  These experts are saying that much of the oil is still below the surface and still poses a severe enviromental risk.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yes, we have some crooked politicians in Illinois, and they're called republicans. One of the recent revelations was about a republican coroner stealing a deceased guy's tv. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

To paraphrase GWB "The oceans is a big place"...

If the dynamics can do this to plastics, they can probably handle the oil....but that doesn't discount what has taken place inland in many stretches along the gulf.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38774513/ns/technology_and_science-science/?gt1=43001

Looking forward to this movie:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/#38778325

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Tom it gets harder and harder to believe you are independent when you say, "Yes, we have some crooked politicians in Illinois, and they're called republicans."  Blago is not a Repub which explains why you try so hard to keep defending him. 

Doing a Google search of corrupt Illinous politicians I came across the Illinois Policy Institute which gave their list of the nine most corrupt politicans from your state. Seven of the nine were Democrats with George Ryan and Lennington Small who was your governor back in the 1920's as the only two Repubs.  Have you seriously forgot about Richard Daley and Dan Rostenkowsk?

How can you see so clearly how silly some of the hard core Repubs on here look when they believe it is only Dems that are corrupt but not see it when you do the very same with Dems?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I can see how it has to be really tough on a person to be a Republican voter in Illinois (See: JohnR), knowing that danged to near every vote you ever cast in a statewide or federal election is for naught. It would be like being a Democrat in Mississippi.

Could it be that the Illinois GOP isn't nominating folks of the quality of Everett Dirkson anymore? Our state GOP up here has been taken over completely by right winged extremists. Traditional Republicans that I run into have been going out of their way to tell me that they will be voting for the Democat or the Independence Party in the governor race, and neither of them offers all that much. Woulnd't have taken much of a moderate Republican to run away with the thing, as Minnesotan's instincitvely like to have the Legislature and the Gov. offices at mild cross purposes.

BTW..We though we had on of those moderate GOPGovernors here in T. Pawlwnty until he caught tea party fever as an aspirant to the Presidiential nomination

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Coming from a right wing "independent" like yourself, I don't know if that was a slam, or a complement.

There are some decent republicans around, but it seems that the DuPage County ones are the only ones to run at the state level. But, you trying to enlighten me about Illinois politics is rather amusing, considering that I grew up in a rural area other than Chicago, where about three-fourths of the politicians were republicans.

But maybe you can explain to me why a DMV worker told me at a republican golf outing that he could get me a job there, as I knew him from doing the maintenance on the building for the elderly lady that owned it. He was also pretty snockered too, as he was playing in the group of Edgar's clan, and they trashed out a couple of golf carts also,as this was in the mid-90s. Guess who won ALL the drawings too at that golf outing????