cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Hauser's law

You can sell your corn for $10, but if you spend $11 you don't last long. At least not with out a printing press and a couple of good plates.

Senior Advisor

Yes I am serious, but we won't have a balanced budget if the objective is to starve government into submission. I would not vote to cut my income with a huge debt to service . Only an idiot would do that. Clinton had a surplus or tleast a projected surplus for years ahead and you folks chose to cut the taxes and reduce revenues wjen we had the first opportunity in decades to make serious retirement of debt.

If we chop the hell out of SS and entitlements and we get the budget halfway in balance, you folks will drain it again with more tax cuts. The idiots on the presidents debt committee are recommending more tax cuts as we speak. Heck let cut rates to zero and pay of the debt in two years,

BTW way I'm pretty good at retiring my own debt. I pay a lot of taxes but I realize that the only way one is going to retire personal debt is with after tax dollars. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Do you really think all administrations operate in a vacuum? What I mean is, what worked for Clinton in the 90`s will also work for Obama and would have worked for W Bush. While I have your ear, let`s say the Republicans compromise and raise taxes on the $250k crowd, what guarantee do we have the Democrat controlled Senate along with Obama won`t just blow the new revenue?

Senior Advisor

What would you consider blowing it?

Senior Contributor

What year was revenue reduced?

Senior Advisor

How about 2009 2010?

Veteran Contributor

Isn't 2009 and 2010 when the Obama and Democratic government spent an extra 1.5 Trillion dollars to boost the economy??

How's that been working out??

Cropdoc

Senior Advisor

Look at the economy like a deadly plague hitting the community. You might save some lives or jobs by trying something but they all  will be lost if you do nothing.

Yes I realize the doing nothing is the rights favorite choice unless stockholders and the corps are in peril. Then you will give them almost anything. Even now the right's most pressing issue is keeping the lower tax rate for those most able to pay.

It is most interesting that the right cannot wait to overturn the healthcare plan that has just been enacted. Yet they don't think it is right  to let the Bush tax rates expire after 8 or 9 years. Evidently the tax rates are sacred but the healthcare should be axed immediately.

S'plain that to me.

Frequent Contributor

Come on, you make it sound like nobody has healthcare. That is not true. A super majority of the country has healthcare. Plus, 70 to 80 percent of income taxes are paid by the top 10% of income earners. I'm not saying the lower income need to pay more, Im saying there should be no more tax increases only spending cuts till the budget is balanced.

Senior Contributor

AMEN!!!!!!