cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Have a great day DAG!

Just thinking about you this morning and wanted to give you a  little lift.

11 Replies
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: Have a great day DAG!

Thanks Don.  I'm feeling pretty good over all and looking forward to spring and planting season.

I went up to Mayo last Friday for my latest check up and a new CT scan which showed mixed results.  The large tumor in my liver continues to shrink a little but the smaller ones on the other side of the liver are still getting bigger. 

My oncologist has now recommended we try a different treatment plan.  This one will be oral chemo pills that I will take twice a day which sounds better then chemo via an IV.  With my last round of treatments I got one chemo by IV up at Mayo and then was sent home with a small battery powered pump that I wore like a fanny pack for two days while it slowly administered a second type of chemo. 

The wife will like this better as she will now not have to flush my port line and unhook the needle and line connected to my port when the chemo in the pump is gone. 

A couple of months ago they installed a port under my skin on my upper chest.  The port is a small round hollow device with a rubber type membrane over it that sits just under my skin.  It has a small tube connected to it that they hook into one of my main veins and now most injections and blood draws can now be done through the port.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

As a two time survivor I know that a good Dr., a good plan and a very positive attitude will lead to success.  The first two are taken care of by the first one and the last one is up to YOU so keep UP thoughts in your mind!!  You'll do great.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

keep a healthy mental attitude and beat this challenge. We want you to keep posting for many decades.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I'm curious Bart if you or anyone else has any knowledge or experience with what is being touted as the "The One Minute Cure"?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I have seen some things on it and my first thought has to be that the only cured is the malnutrition of the author's bank account. However, many people seem to be convinced and for $40, it might very well be worth getting the book and trying it.
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Good luck Dag and I hope everything goes good for you.

bruce MN
Advisor

Have not, but if there is one and it works I'd wish it for you!!

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I heard rumors about it, when my mom was in Mayo, but from what I gathered, at the time, they weren't ready yet to try it on people, although Mom was on the list of people willing to try it, as she was terminal.  It progressed too far by the time it was ready for testing.

The way I understood, it, they tried new things that were OKed for human testing, only on terminal patients, and if they had good results, and controllable side effects, they were able to try it on people with earlier stages of cancer.

Having lost my mother to cancer (lung and bone) may I say, I wish you nothing but the best, and I hope you die of old age before it gets you. 

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Thanks to all for all the encouragement and kind words.

Was wondering if anyone saw Sunday's 60 Minute show where they talked about the evils of sugar in our diets and the health risks associated with it.  One doctor studying this when asked if corn sweeteners were worse the cane suger said no, it's still all sugar.

One thing that bothers me is that I have asked several doctors at Mayo if they recommend I change my diet or go on any special diet and was told no that I could eat what I wanted.  It was only my old home town doctor that suggested I should try to cut back on fats and sugars.