cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazing!

So we're supposed to do WHAT?      Avoid good intentions?

I try to NOT do things which would seem to have bad intentions.   If you wish for me to also NOT do anything which begins with GOOD intentions......I guess I'll not be doing anything at all. 

Wonder if I can make a living this way?        KenJ

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Happy???

They pissed away 535 million of our dollars. Who got rich on that one?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Hay Knappy. Another enviro

Conclusion - be careful who you give money to. Apparently, there was not enough study about this industry and its competition when the aid was handed out.

I hope however that the US can still somehow become a leader in alternative energy production, but the market has to be able to support it and it can not depend solely on government money. We need this new industry for many reasons from employment to lowering energy costs to becoming less dependent on foreign oil and products.

Highlighted

Re: Happy???

How many $billions did BP and Halliburton cost us?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Well, I doubt it was the workers.

I'd bet that the CEO and other top management were pretty well paid, tho.       KenJ

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

And your point is????????

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

How many $billions did BP and Halliburton cost us?

How many good paying union jobs have been created by BP and Haliburton?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hay Knappy. Another enviro

A developer here in the Mesa area recently bought the GM proving grounds and is in the process of developing it.  First thing going up is a HUGE solar panel plant.  Seriously, this building is probably only about 20% finished and it is about a quarter of a mile long and a couple hundred yards deep!  Of course, around here solar is very good with over 300-330 days of bright sun.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Amazing!

You guys really are amazing.  You take whichever side of a controversy that suits you with zero consistency.  Y'all keep talking about letting the market determine who stays and who doesn't and what price for this or that.  So a guy/woman goes into a Chevy dealer (American) company and sees a car he really likes, drives and is sold.  He buys and then gets home and discovers it was made in Mexico.  He takes it back and demands his money back, right???  I'm sure you would.  Now you talk about the market speaking as though it was something terrible.  Truly AMAZING!!

Highlighted
Advisor

some ineresting points

Read through the comments after this ticker, company spent allot on political contributions.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=193345