cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hay for sale.

I can hardly wait for this one.  How would the AZ law stop that?

Senior Advisor

When they find them they arrest them.

Veteran Advisor

They already do that.  I asked how all the armies in the world could stop someone from coming here with a valid visa and then overstaying it and hiding out.  You folks seem to think the border is just like crossing a street in your hometown.  No amount of National Guard nor laws can stop that.

Senior Advisor

Bart, Holder is suing AZ because he doesn't want them to ask some one suspected of being illegal to produce papers. Obama simply wants to make them legal

Veteran Advisor

See that is your main problem--you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about and when someone asks you a question, you change the subject.

Senior Advisor

I answered your question. When they don't produce documentation they go home.

Veteran Advisor

Never mind.  I can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Senior Contributor

Bart you can find thousands of examples where states like Iowa have detained illegals but when they notify the feds whose jobs it is to handle the illegal immigrants the feds refuse to cooperate and deport the illegals there by forcing the states to release them.  I can recount dozens of such stories just here in Iowa where an illegal immigrant is arrested after committing a crime and after the state discovers the person is here illegally they notify the feds but the feds refuse to come and deport the illegals.  Heard from a small town hospital director about an illegal immigrant who was severely injured in an automobile accident and the hospital was stuck paying for his very expensive hospital bills for a very long time.  The director finally tracked down family members of the injured man down in Mexico and tried to arrange to have the injured man flown home to a hospital in Mexico.  The family members did not want him sent back home and the federal government refused to help the hospital in returning him. 

I'm not blaming this problem all on Obama as GTO tried to claim.  Our past 4 or 5 presidents along with Congress during that time are all to blame for repeatedly turning a blind eye to a growing problem and usually because some of their constituents and donors like being able to pay sub-standard wages to the illegals as compared to paying higher wages to American workers.  I'm not opposed to Mexican immigrants or folks from any other country coming to America.  However we quite simply have to have limits on the numbers of immigrants we can allow in every year and we need to make all immigrants follow the rules to gain citizenship.  Seems silly to allow millions of untrained and uneducated Mexicans to come into the country and later offer them amnesty while more skilled and educated people from other countries across the pond are not given the same blind eye.  I'm also not against temporary work visas and think they should be considered to help one go on to become a U.S. citizen.

I doubt Canada has this problem to the same degree we do but wonder how they go about enforcing their laws regarding illegal immigration.  Maybe if Canuck is reading he can weigh in on that?   I doubt many countries are as lax about this as we are.  I always laugh when I hear Mexican government offcials complaining about any U.S. crack down on illegals considering Mexico is much more aggressive and harsher when it comes to enforcing their borders and dealing with illegal immigrants crossing their southern border. 

Senior Advisor

It's not that complicated Bart. Seal the border. The ones that come here legally but over stay and become illegal are hunted down and deported never to come back.

Senior Contributor

the feds are trying to slow the operation until thay can get all the illegals registered as dumocrats------but then they will have papers -----ten steps up from obummer