NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Re: He has risen!

HE died for YOUR  sins.

Eat a marshmallow peep.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

Evil trys to corrupt everything Judge. Don't let the misdeeds of some cause you to miss out on God's greatest gift to mankind
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.)

Both belief and behavior can make one a better person.  You can ignore the religious aspect of Easter & celebrate today as the return of Spring or Chocolate day.   Now, I believe I will go enjoy this beautiful Spring day with a chocolate bunny.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

I guess if they  really cared about the religious significance of the holiday, they would be against the trite commercialization of it. What does chocolate candy really have to do with a resurrection? These people prove every year at Christmas and now Easter, that they actually don't have sincere religious belief but rather just want attention.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Jesus died for your sins too, I hesitate to say anyone is "better" than anyone else, because God moves in mysterious ways and perhaps you will repent one day and become a better Christian than any of us.  It could happen.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

I believe in Jesus. Does that make me religious?. I don't know. So many definitions of religious.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Few of us Lutheran-type Christians are what you`d call "religious" we lust after pretty women, we cuss, some of us get drunk.  So of us don`t regularly go to church or read the Bible or pray...and that is all okay, we are sinners, we get caught up in the world, because that`s where we`re stuck for the time being.

I`d like to think of being "spiritual" being happy and talking to God and doing the best we can.  

"religious" to me means facing Mecca and praying 5 times a day, and purposely abusing yourself for the sake of religion.   IMO that isn`t the way to be, that`s how suicide bombers are bred.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

That is literally IMPOSSIBLE !

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Jesus died for all of us..........Even trump
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

That is simply a belief.

A belief that doesn't apply to anyone outside of your cult.