Did you mean: 
ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

Re: He has risen!

Never say never Judge!
northnd
Senior Contributor

EVERYONE is religious, they just honor a different god, God or gods. Could be money, politics, power, buddha, allah, a tree, chocolate or whatever floats their boat. This day has specific meaning for me because I am a Christian. Monetary items or food don't enter into the equation. Others mileage may vary.
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Incorrect

Incorrect north.

By definition a god is a super magical being with magical super powers.

Therefore someone who only seeks more monetary value is not worshipping a god.

Then there are untold non believers who most are like me waiting for some evidence of a super natural being before deciding if or which one to worship.

Also if you understand Buddhism you would know that some Buddhists do not worship any supreme being as they are atheistic and only use meditation, they just accept the teachings of the  Buddha as a good way to live their lives without expecting any super natural being behind it all

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

What kind of evidence do you need Canuck?. Go see the movie " A case for Christ" and let us know what you think
northnd
Senior Contributor

Canuck, your mileage varies. Worshiping objects or persona the worshipper considers sacred is in my view a religious act(some individuals perspective of buddha). I admit it is a subjective concept. Supernatural affiliation to those examples need not apply. Ever heard of euphemism "money worshipper"?
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

You can use words anyway you might choose but when you differ from definitions in dictionaries it can confuse people about what you are saying.

It might also be that you are trying to 'bend' the perception from what is true.

r3020
Senior Advisor

There is more evidence of Almighty God than Bruce Jenner being a girl.

northnd
Senior Contributor

Religion is not based on definitions in a dictionary. It is also not necessarily defined by having to experience supernatural events in order to believe or not to believe. That is where the all important realism of faith enters the picture. I know that you cannot believe without empirical evidence. I do not agree with you but respect your stance. I have many friends who feel the same way. I also know individuals who only seem to be Christian one day a week. Some of my atheist friends I would trust much more than the latter. That, however; is not a reflection on the Christian religion as a whole. There is good and bad in all walks of life and religious affiliation or lack there of does not preclude one or the other.
ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

True..............You are on the wrong side of politics. You are on the wrong side with the laws of nature and you are on the wrong page with God.............Stay indoors when you see lightning.........

northnd
Senior Contributor

Politics. I don't pick sides. They are both wrong. The truth is always in the fringes that lay between the two major parties. Pick the person, not the party. Laws of nature are uncontrollable, so picking a side is futile. Religion. Only God knows if I am on the wrong side or wrong page or not. Lightning. See the flash and start counting until the boom. Gets down to three seconds and I go inside.