cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: He has risen!

I am glad you realize that it is not religion and just believing in things that make a person trustworthy and good.

Something that lots of religionists fail to recognize.

It is also good to realize that faith is just that 'faith' that those old stories are correct with no evidence to back them up.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@ihmarty543282 wrote:

True..............You are on the wrong side of politics. You are on the wrong side with the laws of nature and you are on the wrong page with God.............Stay indoors when you see lightning.........

Interesting how your mind works there IH.

thinking there is a god puts a person on the wrong side with nature since nature has no super natural forces behind it just the natural forces of chemicals and of course the influence of the environment around the life forms which power evolution to adapt.

northnd
Senior Contributor

So Native Americans are on the wrong side because they believe nature is controlled by a divine spirit or spirits? Apparently their stance on DAPL was wrong also? Or they were on the right side for the wrong reasons?
ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Went right over your head..............Listen, you and AJ and the rest of the libs on here.....You can feel and believe any damn thing you wish...JUST LIKE THE REST OF US.....Your war on religion is getting pretty old. My deceased parents were deeply religious and prayed to God daily......When you butts poke fun at us and slam what we may or may not believe then I take it as an insult to my parents and the great people they were.....

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

The progressive liberals (marxist) have tried to argue that God is not real. If they can convince themselves of that then , anything goes. They won't be accountable to anyone for anything moral. Thus the push to argue in favor of evolution. They try to convince themselves that without God society will evolve into some sort of utopia. Been tried before only those that went before us Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, the chinese guy etc, thought they would help the process along by slaughtering millions, yet no utopia.
Denial of God will contine, man will contine to try and elevate himself until one day enough will be enough.
Evil must and will be defeated as the Creater once again demostrates who is in charge. Its His plan His stage, we are just mere participants given a free will and a choice with consequences.
r3020
Senior Advisor

You deny both God and science. You are wondering in your ideological wilderness.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

north, the natives are not much different from other religionists who think things are controlled be a super natural being.

But the fact is nature is explainable by natural forces and there is no evidence so far of any super natural being or it controlling nature.

I guess we could always blame the super natural for all hurricanes and tornadoes, hail and thunder storms if you really want to claim a super natural being is in control but I will wait for evidence before giving any super natural being credit for the next windstorm that roars through causing damage.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

IH guess it must have but a lot of what I post seems to go over your head or around it or somewhere but you do not seem to understand the difference between just believing in something and sticking to what is know to be true with evidence and proof to back it up.

Why are you so sensitive about what I post, I stick to proven facts, not poking fun at anyone or insulting just pointing out errors in peoples perceptions backed up with facts.

Like all those prayers you say your parents gave.

Studies show that prayers do not work and documented studies about people who were ill found that those who knew they were being prayed for did less well at recuperating that those who were not prayed for or those who did not know they were being prayed for.

So a prayer is like meditation, good for the person doing the praying but will not make any difference to anything else, well except for ill people who know they are being prayed for I guess. And that is not helpful to them.

So believe away, believe anything you like but don't get upset when someone points out the errors in your beliefs with facts.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Who is arguing that gods are not real?

Those people should give you evidence for that.

Me I just say that I have not seen any evidence of any god so far that stands up to rational thinking.

There is certainly lots of things that religion and religionists have done that were not very nice to others people.

I can think of lots of believers that I would never trust and lots of employees of religions that have done some pretty despicable things to children in their care.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

No 30; not denying either.

Science is based on facts so why would I deny that.

Gods I am still waiting for evidence of them existing before accepting but do not claim they do not exist just that no one has shown they do so far.