cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: He has risen!

IH what hypothesis have I submitted?

No need to 'dispel creation' as it has never been proven to be anything but  story yet.

If you are relaxed just believing in things that are not proven to be true then you are not living in reality.

Are you really happy knowing that your beliefs are counter to all the studies and proof that exists?

Personally I would be bothered and therefore could not relax knowing that things I accept as true have never been shown to be true, have no evidence behind them and therefor really do not even make the grade as a hypothesis worth considering  but remain just an old folk tale/story that if accepted would set back medicine among other fields of knowledge in our world hundreds if not thousands of years.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Just more of your beliefs. Rocks and life evolved from the same single cell organism are your words not mine.  Post some scientific facts. From where did rocks evolve and from where did life evolve? No beliefs, just the facts please.

northnd
Senior Contributor

It is very, very sad Canuck that your beliefs have blinded you to the advancements religions have made to science/medicine. Egyptians developed their understanding of the human body and how the various systems work through their application of mummication and belief in the afterlife. Monks were instrumental in documentation of scientific principles for which much of this historical knowledge would have been lost. This includes fermentation techniques in beer and wine making. Thank God for that!!
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Whoa..... 3020 you are way out in left field now.

"rocks evolved" from a single cell organism

You are lost in your beliefs and can not understand that evolution applies only to life.

It has nothing to do with where the first life came from and art certainly has nothing to do with rocks and where they came from.

Facts apparently go right over your head 

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

north there is a difference between just believing in things that have no evidence and understanding the facts that have been shown to be true.

Egyptians might very well have begun to understand the body just as hunters for many years before them understood it and then there were the religionists who objected to and prevented the facts about where the earth stood in the solar system from being made public.

Just as trying to refuse to accept evolution goes against biology as we understand it today and would leave medicine back in the dark ages.

You can thank your god all you want but there is no evidence of any god being involved and any knowledge that man has been able to put together so far.

northnd
Senior Contributor

You are getting wrapped up in the politics of the church. Much like current politics skews scientific thought. Many medieval churches were actually built as dual purpose celestial observatories. Many scientists such as Sir Issac Newton believed in Biblical creationism. Science and religion have much more in common then you give them credit for. Much of what you know you would not know if not for the various religions around the world. Heck you can credit the founding of modern genetics to a monk growing peas in an monastic garden. I could go on ad infinitum.
r3020
Senior Advisor

Those were your words Canuck, not mine. Where did they come from. Did rocks evolve or were they created? If they didn't come from the same source post your proof of their origins. No beliefs just the facts please.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Yes north lots of knowledge came from people who worked in the religions institutions but it would not have come about in many cases if they did not follow science and look at facts instead of old folk tales and old beliefs.

And because of old folk tales and beliefs much progress in humanities looking for knowledge has been held up, just like the present group that still insist that evolution is not the explanation for how life developed.

Although it has been proven to be correct in so many ways and even accepted as fact by a majority of believers there are still a group who try to force everyone to reject it and only accept the old stories and beliefs.

that is how religions hold up progress and have done so throughout the years.

Once a person quits just believing and relies on following evidence and facts then society can progress easier and quicker.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Well 3020 IF I ever claimed that rocks evolved then I was in error and I must have been under the influence or something as that is not what I understand.

Again you make the assumption that the only other possibility is that they must otherwise have been 'created' again showing how your mind is set on old beliefs rather than what science shows to be true.

Read up on how the universe developed, forget the old tales that have no proof to back them up, stick to facts.

And where any rock came from depends on what the rock is composed of.

r3020
Senior Advisor

As I thought. You have no proof. Only your beliefs.