Did you mean: 
Advisor

He is taking a wack at your hero Bruce

http://market-ticker.org/archives/2380-There-Are-Times....html

check out the comments - some really good ones

8 Replies
Advisor

Re: He is taking a wack at your hero Bruce

I've put some Kunstler links up here, but when anything about him being a hero? You make that presumption quite handily as you have with other commentators and columnists.

Hadn't read him yet today. Can't always take the downer.

Seems that Karl, who berates everybody, seems to think that we've got more resolve than either you or I realisticaly know we have.

They are alike in one way, actually, in respect to the fact that I read them both out of habit, and find them both extremely interseting and very angry...and often wondering what it might be that motivates their highly visible anger in most of their writing. Karl wants people hung and drawna and quartered and eaten by pigs. J.K.H. just seems indifferent to them.

I'll have to go back and read the comments on Ticker.

Advisor

you link him here nearly every week.

Advisor

And???

I link Karl Denninger here quite frequently also.

Have you  never been intriqued or fascinated enough by something that somone wrote or said that you felt that someone else might be interested in reviewing those views and comments?

I read the stuff that 3020 an others link up here. And do comment if I disagree. And have asked if the source and other slanted like it are the only ones that they read.

A little curiosity never hurt anyone. We need alot more of it.

Senior Contributor

Re: reading opposing views

@bruce MN wrote:

Have you  never been intriqued or fascinated enough by something that someone wrote or said that you felt that someone else might be interested in reviewing those views and comments?

I read the stuff that 3020 an others link up here. And do comment if I disagree. And have asked if the source and other slanted like it are the only ones that they read.

A little curiosity never hurt anyone. We need alot more of it.

Agree Bruce. Anyone who is really interested in expressing an opinion should read opposing views too. If they/you are afraid to hear the 'other side' then your opinion is not worth nearly as much as you might think.

Not many things are 'black and white'. Most are just shades of grey. Some darker, some lighter. It is good to know this and acknowledge that there is another opinion.

BTW no kudo for that posting since I tried to add something to it but it was a good post with a good point.

Advisor

Yeah right Bruce, you can fool some.   You run to Knustler every monday, you've posted that its something you eagerly anticipate.   Nothing wrong with that, the cover up is always worse than the crime.

Yeah, you've linked KD, when its something you've agreed with, haven't seen you link any of the fillet's of Barry.   The vast majority of your links are huffer's post, TPM, NYT, the normal cast.

Reading opposing viewpoints is of course of value, to continually read a source that has largely been discredited, has proven to taint their views with bias is a waste of time.

It's like Barry praising the latest employment report,  just ignore what the guy says.

Advisor

Was thinking about you and these very allegations when I was readig this. I'll put it up on the "college" discussion too, but it fits here also.

The obligatory NY Times op-ed, from the Times resident (token?) conservative columnist:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/opinion/08brooks.html?ref=opinion&pagewanted=print

Advisor

Re: reading opposing views

Still waiting for Sam to take a rip at 3020 for constantly pasting long snips from winger sites on a regular basis.

I agree....read all and everything you can. If I hadn't have read Atlas Shrugged or The Forgotten Man I'd have no idea who these people were talking about when they hold them up as some sort candiadates for canonization as a 3rd Testament.

Heck. I'm sure that Craig has read The Commuist Manifesto through a time or two, as he seems to know just what to and what not to attribute to it and it's author.

I'm enough of a written word adict that I read the entire Unabomber Manifesto.

Advisor

Why Denninger is worth reading.

He undertands the sociological or, better, socio-economic parts of what is going on.

http://market-ticker.org/archives/2385-Energy-Are-You-A-Pig-And-A-Bigot.html

I can see how he is personally disgusted by Kunstler, as in essence they are both saying the very same thing...all of the time. But it's just that Kunslter simply doesn't have any faith in humans to do anything about it.  Karl seems to, or at least feels it's his duty to encourage them to.......and I'm not sure...torn by that....so I read both of these intriguing commentators...and thanks to you, again, for directing me to Denninger.....and digest them both. Looking at it from my rickety old perch,  the message they send has the same roots.

And, FWIW, for me as a practicing populist Democrat, Denninger hits directly in line with my long held disgust with  NIMBY, "limousine liberals".   The most intellectually dishonest and opportunistic element in our politics. At least,  for most of the time, the worst of  the plutocrats and banksters are open about their ambitions, as they have somehow cultivated a loyal "conservative" political following out among the masses of little people that they usually can depend upon to back them. Folks who admire them and seem convinced that if they support the plutocracy, some of it will rub off on them. That hasn't happened to very many people since 1980 however. Only thing to rub off was the back of the scratch off ticket that has been our comprehensive piling up of debt, that has given us our false feeling of affluence. Denninger gets that better than anybody else I've read and it's why I go back almost daily to see what he has to say. 

As,, though, for the not all of the time part , the total lack of any of that is what is setting BP off from the rest right now. They thought they could make this all go away, or at least hang it on somebody else.