cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

He "might want to listen"......

Is it OK to listen to a foreign country's dirt on your opponent? Ask Trump.

If you scoff at network reporting as "fake new," just watch the video - nothing invented that didn't happen, and of course don't watch any commentary.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/id-exclusive-interview-trump-listen-foreigners-offered-dirt/story?id...

8 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: He "might want to listen"......

Yeah. If you want dirt contact the FBI and let them invent it for you.

Senior Contributor

I think the real subject here is whether or not a President or a presidential candidate should be working with foreign countries to collect information about their opponent. I don't know about you, but all of my moral and patriotic compass tells me that is wrong. I think the POTUS has a very clear mandate to prevent this very thing rather than entertaining the idea as OK. This is collusion and Trump just got off the hook more or less on colluding with a foreign power and now he says it's OK?

Senior Contributor

(I think the real subject here is whether or not a President or a presidential candidate should be working with foreign countries to collect information about their opponent. I don't know about you, but all of my moral and patriotic compass tells me that is wrong. I think the POTUS has a very clear mandate to prevent this very thing rather than entertaining the idea as OK. This is collusion and Trump just got off the hook more or less on colluding with a foreign power and now he says it's OK?)

Agree with you Knapper, cannot do what Trump said he would do, we need a clarification of what he meant, or a correction.

But Hello to another foreign agent - Christopher Steele

Veteran Advisor

IDK -- Hearing what is said, or listening to what is offered, is not the same as soliciting the information, nor does it represent any agreement or "collusion", depending on whether and how/if the information is used.  Still, especially if from a foreign source, it would seem wise to notify the the FBI to have them evaluate and determine the reliability of the source and accuracy of the information, assuming the FBI is legitimately doing its job.  

Senior Advisor

With Trump it is a hypothetical question. With Hillary it actually happened with the aid of the FBI and CIA.

Veteran Advisor

Yes and no, with Steele, they weren't just listening, Steele was paid, and the FBI pandered instead of searching for truth.

Senior Contributor

I agree that listening to someone who calls you is a lot different than hunting it down, or continuing the conversation to find out more (by a candidate). That's fair, as long as nothing is solicited or a meeting is arranged to learn more by the candidate or his/her representatives/staff.

Advisor

lets get real here

politics is hardball.....Lord Trump is just stating the obvious....any political candidate will listen to a story with potential dirt on their opponent, and then look for validation. Trump is going to go down in history as the first "no BS"  major candidate, and he is successful at it.

Like Sam posted a long time ago, if Mrs. Clinton did not wish to be exposed as a crooked, lying old witch the solution for her would to have not been a crooked lying old witch.

Simple enough?