cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hell yes, running against unaffordable care act is a winner.

But you trash me for "the deal I get!"  So you are a retired military man?  You certainly don't talk like one.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Where's your patriotism?  Isn't that the question you fools keep saying?  How dare you badmouth veterans?  Another question y'all keep saying.  Now you are going to trash veterans and the military?  That's what you are doing.

It is the left who claim  we are an imperial nation who want to force our beliefs on the rest of the world through our crusades. Is that a lie?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I guess you have forgotten "nation building" from the bush reign!  As to what you babbled about, I have NEVER heard anyone from the left talk about wanting to do that.  The right seems to gearing up for though.  They are trying to do it in this country right now.  The religious right is trying to force everything they believe in on everyone.  Someone said that doing that doesn't make people want to join the Christian religion, it makes them hate it.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I guess you have forgotten "nation building" from the bush reign!  As to what you babbled about, I have NEVER heard anyone from the left talk about wanting to do that.  The right seems to gearing up for though.  They are trying to do it in this country right now.  The religious right is trying to force everything they believe in on everyone.  Someone said that doing that doesn't make people want to join the Christian religion, it makes them hate it.

So we are not an imperial nation? Then why the drones and kill list? What is our military trying to accomplish? Why do we have troops in so many nations around the world?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yoiu are telling me that you don't want to provide protection for the country?  I've several of your buds here advocate the use of nuclear wpns to rid the world of the entire Middle East!  And you complain about a drone and a kill list???  Face it, all you really want to do is complain about a democratic president.  If this was trumpy doing it, you would be singing his praises!!!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Yoiu are telling me that you don't want to provide protection for the country?  I've several of your buds here advocate the use of nuclear wpns to rid the world of the entire Middle East!  And you complain about a drone and a kill list???  Face it, all you really want to do is complain about a democratic president.  If this was trumpy doing it, you would be singing his praises!!!

So you are saying our presence in foreign countries are legitimate for the defense of this nation? We are not an imperial nation on a crusade? When did the legitimacy begin? From whom do we face a threat and what is the nature of that threat?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yes, and for the defense of our allies.  After WWII, we were an army of occupation well into the 80s.  We have drawn down largely in Germany and Japan but still have some troops in both places.  But what I want to know is why you are suddenly against our military being visible around the world???  Again, I have heard several of your buds here say that we should pull all of our troops home and put them on the southern border to stop the invasion of immigrants.  Is that what you want?  I remember that the right wanted a withdrawal of troops from Iraq.  Bush even set a time for the withdrawal.  As soon as the Dems took up the call, the right said it would be a blood bath if we left.  Then Obama took office and didn't withdraw and the right criticized him.  Then he did and the same old stories started again.  Y'all criticized sized him for following bush's timeline for withdrawal.  The fact is, Obama loses no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My point Bart is your or I can't be the ones pushing a health care program that doesn't apply to us. Make sence?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why not?  I have compassion for the person who comes down with cancer and the insurance company drops them and no other company will take him because of prior conditions.  Also people who couldn't afford insurance so they go to the ER all the time and the hospital eats it and passes that cost onto those who have insurance.  No, you are wrong.  You should fight for people regardless of your good fortune.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We are not the ones paying the bill. Freedom includes the right of all people to decide how they sppend their money. Not some congressman or president and not us.